IGNORED

Mario 64 Has Been Ported to the 3DS!

I've played it, and it's awesome. It's not laggy, the controls make sense, and it's in widescreen.

I don't know how or why some hackers ported it over, but I'm assuming it has something to do with the source code leak.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Is it available in CIA format?

I was just reading up on this and it looks like the game now supports the newly found 800 pixel mode. This should look really good!

The one I used was a .3DSX file, but I'm sure there is probably a .cia file.

I just beat it (using MiPs clip, and BLJs), and I encountered a little bug. The credits don't show up fully on-screen (they're in the lower right-hand corner) the names are unreadable, other than that, it's a great little port. It almost feels official:20200731_154231.thumb.jpg.604debca76b8126f7c0f85a384b45c66.jpg

23 hours ago, Magmavision2000 said:

I've played it, and it's awesome. It's not laggy, the controls make sense, and it's in widescreen.

I don't know how or why some hackers ported it over, but I'm assuming it has something to do with the source code leak.

Odds are it's not the source leak, but the code breakdown of the game where they entirely deconstructed the code and left it open to be thrown on anything someone can port it which was days before the leak happened.  About the same time of the leak the PC conversion was released in a compiled state and it's fantastic.

I don't have a hacked 3DS/2DS at all, but I would be curious to see if that Citra emulator for the handheld can run it, but that would take finding the compiled build and any other files potentially needed for a wow moment.

55 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Odds are it's not the source leak, but the code breakdown of the game where they entirely deconstructed the code and left it open to be thrown on anything someone can port it which was days before the leak happened.  About the same time of the leak the PC conversion was released in a compiled state and it's fantastic.

I don't have a hacked 3DS/2DS at all, but I would be curious to see if that Citra emulator for the handheld can run it, but that would take finding the compiled build and any other files potentially needed for a wow moment.

If you have a N3DS or N2DS then you totally should hack it. It makes the handheld pretty incredible. The older models have a tough time nowadays though. Everything is geared towards that much more powerful CPU in the "new" systems.

21 hours ago, Punisher5.0 said:

If you have a N3DS or N2DS then you totally should hack it. It makes the handheld pretty incredible. The older models have a tough time nowadays though. Everything is geared towards that much more powerful CPU in the "new" systems.

Sold it a couple months back as it was rotting mostly for the better part of 2 years or so since it turned into a hehash release system with a lot of garbage.  Oddly a week back I did get an original 2DS locally in a weird well priced pick up locally so it won't cut it well.

• Sad 1