Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Magmavision2000

Mario 64 Has Been Ported to the 3DS!

Recommended Posts

I've played it, and it's awesome. It's not laggy, the controls make sense, and it's in widescreen.

I don't know how or why some hackers ported it over, but I'm assuming it has something to do with the source code leak.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get the better control with Super Mario 64 DS just by playing it in the 3DS... but whenever I have the urge to play Super Mario 64 I just play the original. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it available in CIA format?

 

I was just reading up on this and it looks like the game now supports the newly found 800 pixel mode. This should look really good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Is it available in CIA format?

 

I was just reading up on this and it looks like the game now supports the newly found 800 pixel mode. This should look really good!

The one I used was a .3DSX file, but I'm sure there is probably a .cia file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just tried it out and it looks and plays great. Thanks for saying something. Its good to see the 3DS homebrew scene is still thriving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's some "magazine" shots:20200730_233213.thumb.jpg.1d6b32449353e4f0791479bf308501a9.jpg20200730_233244.thumb.jpg.289e4fad675c2c445f5d1d1e0b05c2eb.jpg20200730_233248.thumb.jpg.5b48127cb6b11fd09b175df26264c53f.jpg20200730_233413.thumb.jpg.18bd6d1da8c4465844266298fe4a6cc5.jpg20200730_233425.thumb.jpg.944833d88ceaf99271d48279d129c014.jpg20200730_233608.thumb.jpg.5b366e3b06c538f19bb9cf62e7eb7f71.jpg20200730_233527.thumb.jpg.f036013bcf167a8239a4e7aeceaf6e60.jpg20200730_233527.thumb.jpg.f036013bcf167a8239a4e7aeceaf6e60.jpg20200730_233333.thumb.jpg.c766e75fadea07a9e9425699ec75b3fd.jpg

 

I wonder if this has modding capabilities like the PC port...

 

20200730_233502.jpg

Edited by Magmavision2000
Post flubbed up near the end, but I'm too lazy to fix it.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  Thanks for sharing that!  I used to have Super Mario 64 DS but it's not the same game as its namesake, so it never scratched the SMB64 itch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just beat it (using MiPs clip, and BLJs), and I encountered a little bug. The credits don't show up fully on-screen (they're in the lower right-hand corner) the names are unreadable, other than that, it's a great little port. It almost feels official:20200731_154231.thumb.jpg.604debca76b8126f7c0f85a384b45c66.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Magmavision2000 said:

I've played it, and it's awesome. It's not laggy, the controls make sense, and it's in widescreen.

I don't know how or why some hackers ported it over, but I'm assuming it has something to do with the source code leak.

Odds are it's not the source leak, but the code breakdown of the game where they entirely deconstructed the code and left it open to be thrown on anything someone can port it which was days before the leak happened.  About the same time of the leak the PC conversion was released in a compiled state and it's fantastic.


I don't have a hacked 3DS/2DS at all, but I would be curious to see if that Citra emulator for the handheld can run it, but that would take finding the compiled build and any other files potentially needed for a wow moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Someone on reddit was nice enough to post a cia version with updated graphics. It looks really nice now.

Do you mind linking the Reddit post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Odds are it's not the source leak, but the code breakdown of the game where they entirely deconstructed the code and left it open to be thrown on anything someone can port it which was days before the leak happened.  About the same time of the leak the PC conversion was released in a compiled state and it's fantastic.


I don't have a hacked 3DS/2DS at all, but I would be curious to see if that Citra emulator for the handheld can run it, but that would take finding the compiled build and any other files potentially needed for a wow moment.

If you have a N3DS or N2DS then you totally should hack it. It makes the handheld pretty incredible. The older models have a tough time nowadays though. Everything is geared towards that much more powerful CPU in the "new" systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the .cia version. Now I'll just wait for someone to make a compiled version of the SGI mod and I'll be content.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Punisher5.0 said:

If you have a N3DS or N2DS then you totally should hack it. It makes the handheld pretty incredible. The older models have a tough time nowadays though. Everything is geared towards that much more powerful CPU in the "new" systems.

Sold it a couple months back as it was rotting mostly for the better part of 2 years or so since it turned into a hehash release system with a lot of garbage.  Oddly a week back I did get an original 2DS locally in a weird well priced pick up locally so it won't cut it well.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...