IGNORED

Gotek in a SF354 as a second drive

Hi,

I've managed to make my gotek work as the first drive with flashfloppy 3.15 and it works good.

Now I want to use it as a second drive and use a real floppy as my main drive. It's a 1040ST.

(I prefer to use floppy, makes the experience more real :) )

I thought it would be easy :( but it does not seems to be the case.

I just connect the original working drive in my 1040ST and it work. Then I've just move the gotek in the sf354, connect the power, the ide cable with pin 1 to pin 1. I left the only jumper on S0.

When I try to open the B drive it tells me that "Drive b: is not responding and to check the disk drive ....

If I start again and put the jumper on S1 it gives me a Please insert disk B into drive A.

The goal was to be able to copy some image to real floppy from B(the gotek) to the floppy on A. Now that I found a laptop with a compatible floppy, it's not an issue anymore. But I have everything so it would be nice to be able to make it work. Worst case I will use my gotek when my floppy stop working.

Anyone has an idea on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,

39 minutes ago, yves31 said:

I just connect the original working drive in my 1040ST and it work. Then I've just move the gotek in the sf354, connect the power, the ide cable with pin 1 to pin 1. I left the only jumper on S0.When I try to open the B drive it tells me that "Drive b: is not responding and to check the disk drive ....

Some (but not all) 354 Atari drives have logic that make them incompatible with double sided drives. You might need to bypass the board adapter in the 354 and connect the Gotek directly to the external connector somehow.

• Like 1