IGNORED

call for help: a web site to trace worldwide collections

vprette

Hello to all

I'd like to make a website where everyone can trace is list of items, by selecting from menus, and have a "virtual value" of the collection calculated and exposed to everyone, also making rankings worlwide and by countries.

To make it official, the people shold send picture proof of the items.... so taht would be a work for a web designer knowing a bit of database and a people like me constantly filling data about the game versions and rarity level+ checking items applications

is there anyone interested to work to such kind of project?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, colormesticky said:
  Hide contents

I feel like putting photos of your stuff with its collective worth on blast for the entire Internet to see is inviting trouble. 

I'm too inept to figure out how I posted this as hidden. 

Somehow you used the SPOILER tag (the eye icon)

• Like 1

Not trying to be a trouble maker, but...

Would a simple comparison based on $ miss out on other relevant variables like... completeness?

A collection may have items that skew its value, but still be very incomplete. Does that make it a superior collection?

Also, would worldwide rankings based on $ miss out on the fact that average disposable income in different countries make the same collection be more (or less) valuable? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Not trying to be a trouble maker, but...

Would a simple comparison based on $ miss out on other relevant variables like... completeness?

A collection may have items that skew its value, but still be very incomplete. Does that make it a superior collection?

Also, would worldwide rankings based on $ miss out on the fact that average disposable income in different countries make the same collection be more (or less) valuable? 

This, combine with the fact that the $ value is totally dependent on the interest of the market at a specific point in time. Like comics, sport cards or stamps, only the historically significant or the really hard to find items have any real value, the rest is just filler when it comes to a collection value. And if people lose interest then the value plummet even faster.

• Like 1

I'm not thinking about a $ value, but a ranking base on virtual value based on rarity+language version

Like: common item = 10 points + 1 if italian or french version

uncommon = 30 points

rare = 100 points

and so on

of corse rewferring to cib version, if incomplete value x %completion

example 

rare item with no manual = 100 x 80% = 80 points

this database would be useful also to trace down rumored and unexpected version like the Swedish translation I have seen somewhere around

Edited by vprette