IGNORED

Wormhole 2000 (home brew) ATARI Jaguar

phoboz

Received my copy (#43) of Wormhole 2000 on October 13.  The package shows it was shipped August 30, but why it took 44 days to arrive is a mystery to me.  I can only guess that Canada Customs are even slower than usual with COVID delays.

I fired WH2K up last night for an hour.  It's fairly difficult - it's definitely a shooter where you need to learn the patterns followed by the bad guys.  I prefer the rectangular aiming scheme over the angular scheme, which is odd - beforehand I would have thought I'd prefer the angular style.  I managed to make it to wave 4(?).

Good game and I will return to it tonight.

On 10/15/2020 at 9:51 PM, ls650 said:

Received my copy (#43) of Wormhole 2000 on October 13.  The package shows it was shipped August 30, but why it took 44 days to arrive is a mystery to me.  I can only guess that Canada Customs are even slower than usual with COVID delays.

I fired WH2K up last night for an hour.  It's fairly difficult - it's definitely a shooter where you need to learn the patterns followed by the bad guys.  I prefer the rectangular aiming scheme over the angular scheme, which is odd - beforehand I would have thought I'd prefer the angular style.  I managed to make it to wave 4(?).

I am glad you finally got the game.

I also prefer the rectangular control method, as you actually go in the direction you pull the joystick.

However, I kept the angular control method, as some people told me they preferred that method (maybe because of the similarities with how you move in Tempest?)

Yes, you definitely need to learn the movement patters of the enemies to get far in this game (even if the game is quite generous with extra lives)

Once you learned them, it's actually not that difficult. I knew the patterns from start (as I designed them), and I can easily beat the game 2 times in a row. On the second run, it becomes a little bit more difficult, one of the reasons for that is that you don't get extra lives as frequently as you did in the first run (because of the higher score you have accumulated now)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 2:51 PM, ls650 said:

Greetings fellow Canadian Jag owner!

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2020 at 6:21 AM, ls650 said:

Order placed August 10th, think I got #2....
Still no show....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Order placed August 10th, think I got #2....
Still no show....

I sent you 2 copies, there was a case when a person got the second one, and the first one arrived later. However, in your case I agree that it has taken mysteriously long time...

I have sent the package slip (which has a number on it) to some people. It helped to use that number when asking if it was stuck in customs.

Edited by phoboz

5 hours ago, phoboz said:

I sent you 2 copies, there was a case when a person got the second one, and the first one arrived later. However, in your case I agree that it has taken mysteriously long time...

I have sent the package slip (which has a number on it) to some people. It helped to use that number when asking if it was stuck in customs.

Yep, all good - still waiting.

Maybe add a +$$$ option for tracking to the website, though.  Even with covid 3+ months is insane.

No worries, I will send out the remaining PCBs in the coming weeks. People who ordered SpideX already got their together with the SpideX order. Now there are only a handful PCBs left to send out to those who got the early version, and live in an NTSC country.

Sorry for the delay.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 9/4/2020 at 4:48 PM, Albert said:

Greetings!

I just wanted to announce that Wormhole 2000 will be available in the AtariAge Store once we complete a new box, manual, and label for the game.  I'll share the updated box and label once they are far enough along to do so, and we're putting together a nice manual as well.  All materials will be professionally printed in line with our previous Jaguar releases.  Not sure what the price will be yet, but it will be reasonable. 

More soon!  :)

..Al

@Albert

Did this ever get a release in the AtariAge store or will it still be added there at some point?

3 minutes ago, Tidus79001 said:

@Albert

Did this ever get a release in the AtariAge store or will it still be added there at some point?

Sorry to jump in but this isn't in the AA store.  You can however get a copy from Songbird here.