IGNORED

Fake cart? Bit Corp cart with exposed electronics?

Carlos Fandango Jr

3 hours ago, Wonder007 said:

Can we see the label please?

Some more photos, including the labels. And a comparison of my other Bit Corp carts.

Mission & Squirrel -> I bought separately. Seem legit.

Postman & Open Sesame -> From same purchase batch and have the exposed electronics.

Any ideas? As I have never seen carts like the two on the right?

20200802_110601.jpg

20200802_110744.jpg

20200802_110952.jpg

20200802_111004.jpg

2 minutes ago, atari181 said:

Why do you think they are fake? Is it because you can see what I assume is some sort of a resistor?  If that is the only thing you see wrong with it, I wouldn't worry.  I many examples of games like this. 

Two resistors, a capacitor and a C458 transistor, it looks to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atari181 said:

Why do you think they are fake? Is it because you can see what I assume is some sort of a resistor?  If that is the only thing you see wrong with it, I wouldn't worry.  I many examples of games like this. 

Awesome, thanks for checking and sending the photos..

I didn't know if they were fake or not.. basically because I had never seen carts with exposed resistors, capacitors etc.

Thanks again!

That's definitely weird, that resistors and those lovely Tantalum capacitors that explode when they wear out would be needed - especially when placed in front of the shielded area where the microchip resides behind... maybe the chips they used require less power, hence resisters, and the capacitor could be there to lessen the power-up stress of electricity flowing through. While merely and solely academic, it'd be fun to see a schematic for their design. I've not seen that very often. Or the resisters are used as a bug fix, not unlike how you can open up an old computer and sometimes see a wire affixed between two chips over the board rather than using a new PCB layout...?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantalum_capacitor#Failure_modes_and_self-healing_mechanism

As for item legitimacy, I'm pretty sure they're the real deals. :)

Edited by CommodoreDecker

On 8/2/2020 at 5:32 AM, Carlos Fandango Jr said:

Awesome, thanks for checking and sending the photos..

I didn't know if they were fake or not.. basically because I had never seen carts with exposed resistors, capacitors etc.

Thanks again!

Where did you acquire these?