IGNORED

SpartaDosX not reading SpartaDos 3.2 diskette.

gs80065xe

I have an old diskette with AMP(Antic Music Processor) and some music files. It's formatted with SpartaDos 3.2. I can boot SpartaDos 3.2 diskette. Insert this diskette and view and execute the files. But the same diskette cannot be read when I boot SpartaDosX 4.49 from AVG cart. I get 148 Unknown file system. SpartaDosX can read the SpartaDos 3.2 boot diskette. As well as another diskette I've tried.

Sounds like maybe the disk in question has some unexpected data in sector 1, some magic identifier that SDX checks for to determine if the disk is Sparta or AtariDOS is not quite right.

You could just copy all the files to a fresh formatted sparta disk, use the "BOOT" command on the particular executable that boots (ie X32D.SYS) if its bootable...

Then if you're still interested to find out the underlying reason "why" post an ATR of the disk in question here and maybe someone will figure it out. :)

Thanks for the replies. I have searched the manual and Google to help figure this out. But I was unable to find something that fits. Not sure what setting could be an issue. I have all the necessary drivers in my configuration.sys file. I”ll try copying the files to a new diskette. 

Please copy this unreadable floppy to an ATR and post here. You could also (having made a safety copy before) run the CLX program from the SDX Toolkit, which could probably tell you, what is wrong there.

EDIT: the most common cause of this behaviour is that the disk is formatted in the AtariDOS FS format, and the ATARIDOS.SYS driver has not been loaded in SDX.

Edited by drac030
  • Like 2