Sign in to follow this  
gs80065xe

How do you backup your SpartaDosX hard disk partitions?

I used FDisk to partition my SD card to create hard disk partitions for SpartaDosX. Windows and OS X doesn't know what these partitions are. How do you back them up? The only option I can think of is to take an image of the SD card.

SpartaDOS X's COPY /B is for backups (ie copy to an SIO2PC drive) or there is HDSC in the SDX toolkit to make a straight sector copy.

I am trying out two options: a BAT file with COPY /B /R and TAR. I thought about doing an image backup of the (in my case) CF card, but file copy or TAR seems to work for me. 

Edit: Worth mentioning that I have set up a pclink target for the COPY alternative, e.g. PCL1:>C>. The TAR tests are just stored in another pclink folder called backup. 

If you have U1MB, you can mount 32MB FAT-hosted ATRs and make raw sector copies of your partitions at around 35KB/s R/W speeds, then copy the ATRs back off the card for archiving.

• Like 1

I have a comercial backup program for my PC (EasUS ToDo Backup) and use it to make images of my

Incognito and SIDE2 cards, also has the benefit of being able to write the contents to a Virtual Disk

so I can use the same image under Altirra if needed.