IGNORED

Lotharek's Incognito FJC Issue

Hi all,

I just installed an Incognito FJC and almost everything work, except XL/XE mode with Stock OS. If I select Altirra OS, or SideLoader works, but Spartados or Basic will not start from stock XL/XE OS. No matter the amount of ram. But if I choose instead Altirra OS the spartados or basic will work fine. So it seems something in the BIOS is hanging.

I got no trouble running XE games like Commando 320 Rambo it seems just the stock OS that is hanging, gives a black screen. Is there a diagnostic ROM i could use ? The diagnostics OS shows OK for zero page, stack ram and then shows only 063488 bytes. Nothing else.

Despite Lotharek's wire colors don't match I made sure my color was correct but I notice my OS board was slightly different, even though I connected the wires in the pins. Also the back board jumper I placed as well and replaced the 2 resistors to 2K.

I did not installed the ATR button switch as it is not provided and I have a Sio2Sd I think is more convenient.

I reflashed (using a minipro) to the latest version 3.10 same issue.

BTW: the inogos.rom 3.10 has no use banked and no colleen driver. I added them manually. 

10 hours ago, retrocanada76 said:

ouch i found out my antic is upside down, my os board is the one with a big number five on i

That doesn't explain the issues you first posted. Because an upside down Antic would render your computer completely inoperative.

Are you saying that this is something that happened after the fact?

Edit: I get it. What you were really implying is that because the Antic is 180 degree flipped in one CPU board design vs another, you connected the wires to the wrong pins.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, retrocanada76 said:

ouch i found out my antic is upside down, my os board is the one with a big number five on it.

As you've found out, there are two different CPU board layouts for the 800. The ANTIC signals those two wires go to are HALT and RDY (Ready). The Incognito should basically work without those, at least well enough to boot. Just make sure to connect to the proper pins for YOUR particular CPU board layout (ANTIC pins 9 and 15, respectively). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flashjazzcat said:

The pin numbers do not change because of the orientation of the IC.

I watched part 1 of your Incognito install video, the video shows making the connections to the CPU board but doesn't mention there is another CPU PCB version which affects where to make these solder connections.

There are 3 versions of the CPU board that I know of (in chronological order)

1) 6502B (compatible w/ 65C802/65C02)

2) C014706 (Sally) CPU board

3:) SCCC Board supports both types of CPU. Jumper configured, and has pads for Incognito connections (nice).

They all work the same w/ Incognito if you make the correct connections.

Use the signal names, NOT pin numbers or solder points.