IGNORED

JagZombies 2

WAVE 1 GAMES

49 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

It’s out now.

The entitlement of video game buyers buying from independent creators is impressive. Make sure you never order from Luchsoft or Madtronix or other creators who never email and take months to ship. (And do great work that you can’t get anywhere else.)

I don't think it's entitlement to expect communication when you have paid hard earned money for a product. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, orpheuswaking said:

I don't think it's entitlement to expect communication when you have paid hard earned money for a product. 

Well, the reality is that a lot of people involved in making new stuff for dead systems are not exactly the easiest people to communicate with. Jeff is easier to get a hold of than many and shipped items faster than a number of major retro-oriented companies like Strictly Limited. It took me quite a few months and quite a few emails to get the games I ordered, but they arrived and were in good shape. Better than I can say for several other small-scale makers of new old stuff.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, @cubanismo. He really did owe you better.

10 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Well, the reality is that a lot of people involved in making new stuff for dead systems are not exactly the easiest people to communicate with. Jeff is easier to get a hold of than many and shipped items faster than a number of major retro-oriented companies like Strictly Limited. It took me quite a few months and quite a few emails to get the games I ordered, but they arrived and were in good shape. Better than I can say for several other small-scale makers of new old stuff.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, @cubanismo. He really did owe you better.

Thats exaclty what happened with me.

Congrats with the comunications this homebrew developers got. The answer i gave him (after few kind insults from him) should apply to anyone.

Immagine.jpg

Edited by TheDeath

1 hour ago, TheDeath said:

Congrats with the comunications this homebrew developers got. The answer i gave him (after few kind insults from him) should apply to anyone.

Immagine.jpg

Actually, the AA delay wasn't the same reason at all, it was mostly because of printwork issues. But again, can't expect Jeffrey to do research.

I am far from being someone who thinks Jeff does good work and would defend him, but a month isn't that long when dealing directly with a homebrew author, I guess. And is way too early to go for a refund for something like this.

OTOH, there is literally no excuse for the language Jeff used in his reply, or to not communicate.  There is no way I'd ever deal with anyone who responded like that again.

• Like 4

Sorry, but I think this is an ridiculous overreaction to a mere 1 month waiting time and it went unneccessarely ugly. I waited much longer for my items, e.g. Telegames, from "professional" companies.

I don't know why this customer felt the urge to go public, especially after he was refunded!

Shipping overseas form the US takes looong, be patient. But this is the reason most homebrewer do not like to get bothered with publishing and dealing with impatient/disgruntled customers.

Jaguar GD is indeed a good/bad example for that.  After seeing this, I might reconsider the option of self publishing physical media. 

We all got jobs and daily life to handle. Keep that in mind.

I am not a W1G supporter, I don't like their games much, but this is bullshit. I think the moderators should do something about it.

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Sorry, but I think this is an ridiculous overreaction to a mere 1 month waiting time and it went unneccessarely ugly. I waited much longer for my items, e.g. Telegames, from "professional" companies.

I don't know why this customer felt the urge to go public, especially after he was refunded!

Shipping overseas form the US takes looong, be patient. But this is the reason most homebrewer do not like to get bothered with publishing and dealing with impatient/disgruntled customers.

Jaguar GD is indeed a good/bad example for that.  After seeing this, I might reconsider the option of self publishing physical media. 

We all got jobs and daily life to handle. Keep that in mind.

I am not a W1G supporter, I don't like their games much, but this is bullshit. I think the moderators should do something about it.

Ridiculous reaction?

Dude, don't tell me you are one of those people that is unable to read?

It was my first order on a community that i did know jackshit about.

I saw the game, i contacted him and bought. The website told it was in stock.

Just tell me, HOW the hell i was supposed to know it was in pre-order or he has got chip problem or printing problem or anything about that when i literally got 2 DAMN replies in a whole month??? Just tell me? Do i need to have the power to read people mind? Or could he JUST write me back, and told me?

Yes, i obviously gone throught paypal and expose him, because i thought i was just ripped off by another seller. It could be all avoided just by answering me ONCE.

There are no bad buyers, there are always uncapable sellers, thats it.

• Haha 1

Just as anyone knows, he just wrote me back and apologies for everything. He realized by scrolling our conversation that he forgot to tell me all about.

He is going to send me the copy, and when i will receive it i will send the money back.

Edited by TheDeath

1 hour ago, TheDeath said:

Ridiculous reaction?

Dude, don't tell me you are one of those people that is unable to read?

It was my first order on a community that i did know jackshit about.

I saw the game, i contacted him and bought. The website told it was in stock.

Just tell me, HOW the hell i was supposed to know it was in pre-order or he has got chip problem or printing problem or anything about that when i literally got 2 DAMN replies in a whole month??? Just tell me? Do i need to have the power to read people mind? Or could he JUST write me back, and told me?

Yes, i obviously gone throught paypal and expose him, because i thought i was just ripped off by another seller. It could be all avoided just by answering me ONCE.

There are no bad buyers, there are always uncapable sellers, thats it.

Reported. 

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

Reported for what? You waste admins time for that? ? Now who is over reacting?

Let that decide the admins, thanks. I dont think its a good behaivour to make private messages and personal drama public. Its not the concern of this forum and I regard this as abusive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TheDeath said:

Immagine.jpg

I would not sell a person like you anything. That sort of abuse is unacceptable.

22 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I would not sell a person like you anything. That sort of abuse is unacceptable.

Don't worry, i'm not interested :)

The case is closed. He apologies for the lack of comunication, i did the same with him since i've shit stormed this on various way (but i have delete all my comments, exept here)

I'll get the game, he'll get the money, so thats happy ending.

I won't even stay here, i'm not a forum guy anymore, so thats another happy ending for people here pointing at me (wich has no sense at all since it was not my fault in the beginning).

Have a nice day. Italy EU champs!!

• Like 1

On 7/11/2021 at 1:03 AM, CyranoJ said:

I am far from being someone who thinks Jeff does good work and would defend him

You don't say? Sorry I literally had to chuckle when I read this. Nothing against you man and no reply needed, I read the post and thought it was funny. I think the entire community knows this about you and him. I've seen the posts over the years and tend to grab my popcorn when it goes back and forth

Edited by UHATEIT
my spelling sucks!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 year later...

Oh btw, just for the records, after 2 years i still havent'received the game 🤣

Back then he email me a full page of apologies and told me "no matter what" he was going to send me a copy even for free, because he was so sorry 🤣

Few days ago i finally bought the game from a friend and played it. BORIIING, it's garbage. Space Invades probably had a more complicated gamecode than this crap.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Everything he put out is so bad I deleted the crap and won't even keep it for free to use on the emulator.  That should say something because I have a folder full of demos and other code.  When a few hundred kB of free stuff isn't worth it, you know it just reeks.

• Like 2