IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 4 - Shark! Shark!

21 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yup, are you using the up/down motion?

Yup.  Nip the tail on the way up, clear the fin, then back down.  More of a disc timing thing than a watch the screen thing.

Haven't been doing great on subsequent plays.  Not sure how the game can be "easy", but I can't get a good score at the same time.  ? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I was starting off with the circular movement, but that up/down is the way to go! I wish I could get big enough to kill the shark in its face. Grrr.

Once you get into the higher scores, the up/down motion WITH the dash button becomes clutch. That shark will turn on you quick, and you can't be lollygagging around when you approach.

Edited by Intelligentleman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys... I use the dash button from the get-go to nip the shark’s tail. It’s just a good habit to get into. 

my wife flat-out refuses to use the dash button... and she has about a 50% rate of getting killed just getting one nip on the tail. 

happy-wife = happy-life..... so I tell her she’s “Doing great”.... but guys ... use the dash button :) 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Freaking PB !!!!!! I'm in serious pain... my dashing-thumb feels like it's been run over.

129600.JPG

I just knew you would bust my score! You couldn’t just let my score stand, lol. And I had a feeling you were breaking your hands to do it. Nice job. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Thanks 1

You guys inspire me!

I remember what it took to push my score from 104k to 120k....... It was a journey that took years (with long breaks) ... that’s why I know 120k is Incredible! Every extra thousand after 100k is Well earned. 

What’s worse? The invisible robot? Or the shark? I think the shark :) :) . The invisible robot never comes at you a hundred miles an hour to make you feel foolish!!! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

You guys inspire me!

I remember what it took to push my score from 104k to 120k....... It was a journey that took years (with long breaks) ... that’s why I know 120k is Incredible! Every extra thousand after 100k is Well earned. 

What’s worse? The invisible robot? Or the shark? I think the shark :) :) . The invisible robot never comes at you a hundred miles an hour to make you feel foolish!!! 

I vote invisible robot.  I have a hard time killing something if I can't see it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Ace24 said:

I have such a high failure rate with the shark after 90K that I started just going after smaller fish and avoiding the shark just to get some points. But I have to use dash continuously just to stay away from him. On the run all the time! 

1C960CEE-4F5B-465E-A78C-59934BDF2F39.jpeg

Nice score man. I would do back-flips if I could score that high.... ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Alright Spartan, here you go. ?. Was in the zone tonight:

New site record

3306CCD5-F15E-41D4-8132-8B6870D7E54E.jpeg

HOLY SCHMOLY!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! Lol that doubles my current 'high' score lol ?

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

100 points away from my Personal Best at HSC, 10 years ago now. I hope to get 120ks for first time in 2020.

Sunday, 04-18-2010 at 1:00 AM eastern.

1. cparsley 124,800 [+10]

2. JacobZu7zu7 118,850 [+9]

3. patbb 104,400 [+8]

4. rgw825 103,200 [+6]

5. ClassicGMR 57,550 [+4]

6. atariron82 45,550 [+2]

7. zylon 43,350 [+1]

8. accousticguitar 31,700 [+1]

9. roadrunner 16,950 [+1]

118,750.jpg

• Like 4

Here's how Shark! Shark! looks as the half-way point hits this weekend, if IntyFanMatt can keep this record until the deadline, its +2 Bonus total, any players able to break the old record by Bamse will also earn +1.

HIGH SCORES:

1. 147,550 IntyFanMatt +1 Bonus

2. 129,600 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN

3. 118,750 JacobZu7zu7

4. 100,000 BiffMan

5. 98,900 Ace24

6. 91,200 S.BAZ

7. 90,500 Intelligentleman

8.  29,000 fakecortex

9. 24,250 gar0u

10. 13,250 jblenkle

• Thanks 4

21 hours ago, mr_me said:

Nice score.  What was your peak number of extra fish in this game?

Thanks !! I peaked at around 107 fish. For a PB-run it was maybe just enough.... I had to scramble extra to get my score. I was looking for more like 115 but I couldn’t get there :) 

it’s kind of moot after seeing Matt’s score... but I appreciate your post !! :)