IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 4 - Shark! Shark!

4 hours ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Hey Matt-Man... Just curious, what system do you play on? You haven’t complained about thumb and finger pain playing this one LOL ? 

I have an original 2609 wood grain Intellivision that is modified to play games in full HD. I don’t typically have issues with the controller, I’m very used to them after all these years. It doesn’t hurt to play Shark Shark at all, that’s an easy one on the hands as far as I’m concerned. The ones that do hurt a bit are the shooters that demand the side buttons be pressed all the time, like Space Armada and Worm Whomper coming up next week. I usually have a sore thumb for awhile after playing those. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I have an original 2609 wood grain Intellivision that is modified to play games in full HD. I don’t typically have issues with the controller, I’m very used to them after all these years. It doesn’t hurt to play Shark Shark at all, that’s an easy one on the hands as far as I’m concerned. The ones that do hurt a bit are the shooters that demand the side buttons be pressed all the time, like Space Armada and Worm Whomper coming up next week. I usually have a sore thumb for awhile after playing those. 

Cool! Maybe I’m pressing the keypad button harder than I have to.

14 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Cool! Maybe I’m pressing the keypad button harder than I have to.

Yeah I think you may be. The keypad buttons shouldn’t be hard on your hands. Plus you might damage the membrane under the keypad, and I’m sure you don’t want that. ?

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yeah I think you may be. The keypad buttons shouldn’t be hard on your hands. Plus you might damage the membrane under the keypad, and I’m sure you don’t want that. ?

Lol cuz of Shark Shark! the tip of my right ring finger has gone numb. All the finger does is help hold the controller. Weird.... 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mr_me said:

mame, intellivision controller

shark.thumb.png.6d616a691b9f20a41a9da7547f8c886c.png

Any of you guys kill sharks after 100k?

Absolutely.  I can kill quite a few. It’s a timing and counting thing (Number of turns the Shark takes) that is hard to execute, but is definitely doable.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Player One said:

Loving this game! Never really got into it too much until now. (I didn't know how to kill the shark until this round.)

920757460_Shark!Shark!(1982)(Mattel)2020-08-1410_42_052.thumb.png.82e33883977b23f3c1dac8c92c810de2.png

Awesome, glad to hear you are enjoying it.  It's definitely a fun game, and gets even better as you improve and kill the sharks.  Developers did a great job on it!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Got 99 lives by 90ks, got about 10 sharks after 100ks... I worked my fin off....! Exhausted... but,

New Personal Best ?

143,500.jpg

Geez!!! You smashed it. Nice one man. I'm still trying to get 100k, I was a few thousand short lastnight.... Uggghhh hard game, and yes some of my fingers are numb from this game lol ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Wow, fantastic score Jacob!  You put a hurtin' on those sharks!

Thank you! Likewise Matt!...

I really went for it... don't know about improvement... I may give it one more go over the weekend.

What I did different, was while trying to nibble shark tail, I went UP/DOWN, a hair earlier in my timing,... almost feels too soon, but because the speed is so great after 100ks, I swim low, then vertical,... then when the shark dances left right, I zoom up or down and tail touch on my way, its slow and tedious, not fool proof, but it still can work often!

As long as he's dancing... left and right, super bowl beyonce GIF

The fish around me over 100ks are equally dangerous because they stop your fish from avoiding Jawsy. The worst I think though, is that Crab that pops way high, really cannot navigate well with him jumping most the screen. :(

Building ability, experience and skill helps too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Thank you! Likewise Matt!...

I really went for it... don't know about improvement... I may give it one more go over the weekend.

What I did different, was while trying to nibble shark tail, I went UP/DOWN, a hair earlier in my timing,... almost feels too soon, but because the speed is so great after 100ks, I swim low, then vertical,... then when the shark dances left right, I zoom up or down and tail touch on my way, its slow and tedious, not fool proof, but it still can work often!

As long as he's dancing... left and right, 

The fish around me over 100ks are equally dangerous because they stop your fish from avoiding Jawsy. The worst I think though, is that Crab that pops way high, really cannot navigate well with him jumping most the screen. :(

Building ability, experience and skill helps too.

You got a good plan there!  I start high after 100k then dart low, and then back and forth from there.  And yeah fish and crusties always seem to get in the way.  So it's very similar!  Great job!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Damn... 99 lives??? I usually start hemorrhaging lives by 60 or 70 k.

Yup me too, that's when the demise begins..... My 'max' in extra fish is 54, lame compared to these shark experts here.... ?

14 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Geez!!! You smashed it. Nice one man. I'm still trying to get 100k, I was a few thousand short lastnight.... Uggghhh hard game, and yes some of my fingers are numb from this game lol ?

Thanks Rick!, Time to de-numb :D

Wasn't easy... I really had to knuckle down, You still got the weekend to get the most out of it..., and nice improving from 80ks.

My controller spring is flat after this lol.

I'm gonna try to include a couple Youtube Videos of gameplay, maybe can help in the 80k and 90s areas.... world record 120ks? My BUTT ;)