IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 4 - Shark! Shark!

1 minute ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Thanks Rick!, Time to de-numb :D

Wasn't easy... I really had to knuckle down, You still got the weekend to get the most out of it..., and nice improving from 80ks.

My controller spring is flat after this lol.

I'm gonna try to include a couple Youtube Videos of gameplay, maybe can help in the 80k and 90s areas.... world record 120ks? My BUTT ;)

Seeing this, methinks Matt Man has the world record..... ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Wasn't easy... I really had to knuckle down, You still got the weekend to get the most out of it..., and nice improving from 80ks.

I'm gonna try to include a couple Youtube Videos of gameplay, maybe can help in the 80k and 90s areas.... world record 120ks? My BUTT ;)

https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/shark-shark/intellivision

Seven days after submitting the video declaring "nobody's beating that", someone submitted a higher score.  I had it beat in 1983.  It is a tough score to get without killing sharks after 100k.  If you guys read other sections of atariage, there's some sad news about this guy in the classic gaming section.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Seven days after submitting the video declaring "nobody's beating that", someone submitted a higher score.  I had it beat in 1983.  It is a tough score to get without killing sharks after 100k.  If you guys read other sections of atariage, there's some sad news about this guy in the classic gaming section.

Sad news?  What happened?

Here's some tragic details, I just found out myself. I noticed a few videos seemed "angry", but I ignored it and just posted the Shark video.

Yikes...

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
Link
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

There are much higher scores than that all over the place.  We have several scores right in this competition way higher than that.

At the time I think the Atariage record was 124350 from around 2014 or 2015.  But to qualify for twingalaxies, the entire game must be played on camera.

38 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

That is very sad, and yes we should now keep this much more upbeat!  And not sure how you were able to post that in my comment Jacob!  You have magic powers.

Oh yes like Magic. ?‍♂️ hehe ?

Moderators can edit any post on the Forum they are assigned to, or delete if like a double post mistake, spam etc. ? The Social Network Text GIF

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

So in the top video at the very beginning the guy shows his controller. It looks like an InTV controller with the usual keypad but there's a joystick instead of just the normal disc controller??? Please tell me I'm NOT the only dork using regular InTV Flashback disc controllers???? Yes I'm a n00b as this is the first time I've seen an InTV controller with a joystick.... ???.

2 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

So in the top video at the very beginning the guy shows his controller. It looks like an InTV controller with the usual keypad but there's a joystick instead of just the normal disc controller??? Please tell me I'm NOT the only dork using regular InTV Flashback disc controllers???? Yes I'm a n00b as this is the first time I've seen an InTV controller with a joystick.... ???.

No lol, most people don’t play like that. That is a joystick that you can “stick” onto the disc but I would not recommend that. Most Intellivision games play better with just the disc. And they are known to ruin controllers too because you can’t get them off. So stay away from those, far away!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

It slides on to the Intellivision controller. I had one in the 80's; but it slips off if you push the joystick too hard, so it was not for me ... besides, I love using the disc. Anyway... that's what he's using.

Joystick Intellivision.JPG

4 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

It slides on to the Intellivision controller. I had one in the 80's; but it slips off if you push the joystick too hard, so it was not for me ... besides, I love using the disc. Anyway... that's what he's using.

Joystick Intellivision.JPG

That one is interesting. There are others that stick onto the disc too. Either way, they’re all a “no go”!  Lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

Please tell me I'm NOT the only dork using regular InTV Flashback disc controllers???? Yes I'm a n00b as this is the first time I've seen an InTV controller with a joystick.... ???.

Wow, you musta missed 'em. First I saw was on ebay some years ago, but no joystick! blah... real Intellimen use the "disc" controller. :D

controller.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2