IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 4 - Shark! Shark!

I had a very solid Astrosmash score this spring.  Worked very hard to get it submitted to Twin Galaxies but it fell apart.  Their website security is broken and their volunteer staff are, well... volunteers.  Couldn't get any traction.

In Shark! Shark! news, I don't think I'm going to do much better than this.

IMG_4968(1).jpg

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, gar0u said:

I had a very solid Astrosmash score this spring.  Worked very hard to get it submitted to Twin Galaxies but it fell apart.  Their website security is broken and their volunteer staff are, well... volunteers.  Couldn't get any traction.

Was it a world record score?

2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Was it a world record score?

It would have to roll over into negative numbers then to get the max score up around 32 million and change...  I personally wouldn't want to record or watch that even if I could do it again...  ;-)

At least 72 people made that score back in the day, plus however many like me who took the TV instead of going to the finals...

12 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

It would have to roll over into negative numbers then to get the max score up around 32 million and change...  I personally wouldn't want to record or watch that even if I could do it again...  ;-)

At least 72 people made that score back in the day, plus however many like me who took the TV instead of going to the finals...

Yeah I remember you sharing that. Pretty cool!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yeah I remember you sharing that. Pretty cool!

Part of why I wouldn't mind having both a timed and untimed Astrosmash round in HSC, it'd be fun from a endurance (ala Space Hawk) standpoint to see if anyone wanted to bother to get to max score.  ?

5 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Part of why I wouldn't mind having both a timed and untimed Astrosmash round in HSC, it'd be fun from a endurance (ala Space Hawk) standpoint to see if anyone wanted to bother to get to max score.  ?

Plus you would probably win hahaha! But seriously, we should do that. I’m down for a timed version of it. 

33 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

A lot of people in those 1982 submissions to Mattel, took advantage of the pause feature; some played at slower speeds.  Using pause is not allowed at twingalaxies.  The astrosmash record, 5M, was only submitted a couple of months ago, and that was done at slowest speed.  Looks like they merged all the old scores together regardless of speed and only recently started a new disc speed section a couple of months ago.  The disc speed record is only 813k at the moment.  They also have a 15 minute timed astrosmash section.

• Like 1

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

LOL! It’s like the game is telling you that it wants you to stop right at 100K.

Very much like that.  My personal challenge seems to be the 90k mark, that's definitely the cliff and 100k is the pool lava waiting at the bottom of the plunge.  :)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, gar0u said:

In Shark! Shark! news, I don't think I'm going to do much better than this.

IMG_4968(1).jpg

Hey Gar0u; that’s cool! I have an interesting/funny story about Twin Galaxy that you reminded me of. 

A couple years ago I was going to register and load in scores for two Auto Racing Courses. I started practicing and I got faster times on both courses. 

I checked the times to be sure that I was faster.... and another member had just beat both of the times. The new times were comparable to mine, so I took a little break before trying again to get faster times. 

I checked back a few weeks later and the original leader came back and crushed the guy’s times LOL ?