IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 4 - Shark! Shark!

@mr_me I have footage of the two sprites on the Shark. I zoomed-in to see more clearly. The yellow fish just took a bite off the fin and you can see on the right-side of the Shark that it's spongy; while the left side is hard like a rock. You were right ... two sprites !! When the Shark gets bit, there's one frame where you can see his body divide into two sprites.

Shark Sprites.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, gar0u said:

Never played this game at 1-player.  Did considerably worse than my 2-player games.

Game 1: 450

Game 2: 1,600

Game 3: 24,250

Playing to break 60k and we'll see how it goes from there...

IMG_4954.jpg

You can do it!  Game gets harder every 10k, but 60k is very doable for anyone!

• Like 1

I like this one, but man is it tough (and a bit frustrating). I think it's another game that suffers from the "can't press keypad buttons and use the disc at the same time" nonsense. These scores are awesome. I'm still trying to find my footing. Very cute game, and I love gettin' that shark as a little tiny guy.

1660355394_Shark!Shark!2020-08-0519_01_41.thumb.png.ecf297877a02b91be85333bd93924a34.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

That’s usually how I do it... but sometimes I’ll feel a little frisky and I’ll use a circular disc motion.

Haha. There ya go. Mix it up a little. Once I hit 50k I usually use the dash button exclusively to kill the shark for the rest of the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Just noticed the pac-man sneak peak ??‍♂️ Checked it out...had no intellivision pac-man was more like the arcade and less like the 2600 version. It's funny, coleco's intv arcade ports make you cringe, but atari almost wanted you to buy an intv over the vcs?

Yeah it’s so weird. The INTV Pac Man Port is really good, maybe the best of the era. The VCS version is just pathetic. Doesn’t make much sense!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, gar0u said:

Wish the top buttons were dash and the bottom buttons were stop.

In general, I ignore stop and dash for little fish or to avoid dying.

You should never need to use the Stop buttons in this game.  They won't do anything to help you.  Not sure why they even offer it as an option.

7 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Sound effects and music are great in this, too. Love the shark’s intro chime, his whooosh as he doubles back and even is groan when he sinks to the bottom in defeat.

Also love the sound it makes when you eat a lobster.

I haven't been successful at grabbing one of those creepy crustaceans yet. I need to though as they are a nuisance... ?

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 10:48 PM, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I have footage of the two sprites on the Shark. I zoomed-in to see more clearly. The yellow fish just took a bite off the fin and you can see on the right-side of the Shark that it's spongy; while the left side is hard like a rock. You were right ... two sprites !! When the Shark gets bit, there's one frame where you can see his body divide into two sprites.

653935896_TwoSprites.thumb.jpg.1264b44a7a605fe2e19ff0fd6efca12f.jpg

These are the only two 'Sprites' I see.... ????

• Haha 4