Jump to content
JacobZu7zu7

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 4 - Shark! Shark!

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yup, are you using the up/down motion?

Yup.  Nip the tail on the way up, clear the fin, then back down.  More of a disc timing thing than a watch the screen thing.

 

Haven't been doing great on subsequent plays.  Not sure how the game can be "easy", but I can't get a good score at the same time.  😛 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was starting off with the circular movement, but that up/down is the way to go! I wish I could get big enough to kill the shark in its face. Grrr.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I was starting off with the circular movement, but that up/down is the way to go! I wish I could get big enough to kill the shark in its face. Grrr.

Once you get into the higher scores, the up/down motion WITH the dash button becomes clutch. That shark will turn on you quick, and you can't be lollygagging around when you approach.

Edited by Intelligentleman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys... I use the dash button from the get-go to nip the shark’s tail. It’s just a good habit to get into. 
 

my wife flat-out refuses to use the dash button... and she has about a 50% rate of getting killed just getting one nip on the tail. 
 

happy-wife = happy-life..... so I tell her she’s “Doing great”.... but guys ... use the dash button :) 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Freaking PB !!!!!! I'm in serious pain... my dashing-thumb feels like it's been run over.

129600.JPG

I just knew you would bust my score! You couldn’t just let my score stand, lol. And I had a feeling you were breaking your hands to do it. Nice job. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Freaking PB !!!!!! I'm in serious pain... my dashing-thumb feels like it's been run over.

I wanna give that a 😢 for your thumb and a 🤣  for the one-two post about dashing.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys inspire me!
 

I remember what it took to push my score from 104k to 120k....... It was a journey that took years (with long breaks) ... that’s why I know 120k is Incredible! Every extra thousand after 100k is Well earned. 
 

What’s worse? The invisible robot? Or the shark? I think the shark :) :) . The invisible robot never comes at you a hundred miles an hour to make you feel foolish!!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

You guys inspire me!
 

I remember what it took to push my score from 104k to 120k....... It was a journey that took years (with long breaks) ... that’s why I know 120k is Incredible! Every extra thousand after 100k is Well earned. 
 

What’s worse? The invisible robot? Or the shark? I think the shark :) :) . The invisible robot never comes at you a hundred miles an hour to make you feel foolish!!! 

I vote invisible robot.  I have a hard time killing something if I can't see it.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have such a high failure rate with the shark after 90K that I started just going after smaller fish and avoiding the shark just to get some points. But I have to use dash continuously just to stay away from him. On the run all the time! 

1C960CEE-4F5B-465E-A78C-59934BDF2F39.jpeg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ace24 said:

I have such a high failure rate with the shark after 90K that I started just going after smaller fish and avoiding the shark just to get some points. But I have to use dash continuously just to stay away from him. On the run all the time! 

1C960CEE-4F5B-465E-A78C-59934BDF2F39.jpeg

Nice score man. I would do back-flips if I could score that high.... 👍

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Freaking PB !!!!!! I'm in serious pain... my dashing-thumb feels like it's been run over.

129600.JPG

Nice score.  What was your peak number of extra fish in this game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Alright Spartan, here you go. 😉. Was in the zone tonight:

147,550

New site record

 

3306CCD5-F15E-41D4-8132-8B6870D7E54E.jpeg

HOLY SCHMOLY!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! Lol that doubles my current 'high' score lol 🤪

Edited by Rickster8
Added a little more text.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Alright Spartan, here you go. 😉. Was in the zone tonight:

147,550

New site record

 

3306CCD5-F15E-41D4-8132-8B6870D7E54E.jpeg

Amazing!!! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

118,750

 

100 points away from my Personal Best at HSC, 10 years ago now. I hope to get 120ks for first time in 2020.

 

Sunday, 04-18-2010 at 1:00 AM eastern.

1. cparsley 124,800 [+10]

2. JacobZu7zu7 118,850 [+9]

3. patbb 104,400 [+8]

4. rgw825 103,200 [+6]

5. ClassicGMR 57,550 [+4]

6. atariron82 45,550 [+2]

7. zylon 43,350 [+1]

8. accousticguitar 31,700 [+1]

9. roadrunner 16,950 [+1]

118,750.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's how Shark! Shark! looks as the half-way point hits this weekend, if IntyFanMatt can keep this record until the deadline, its +2 Bonus total, any players able to break the old record by Bamse will also earn +1.

 

HIGH SCORES:

1. 147,550 IntyFanMatt +1 Bonus

2. 129,600 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN

3. 118,750 JacobZu7zu7

4. 100,000 BiffMan

5. 98,900 Ace24

6. 91,200 S.BAZ

7. 90,500 Intelligentleman

8.  29,000 fakecortex

9. 24,250 gar0u

10. 13,250 jblenkle

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Shark! Shark! 100,000 point club member here!! 😃

I don’t see myself going much higher. My brain so far hasn’t been able to adapt to the game speed at this point. 

09FA84E6-9A58-4108-B3FD-C000C4486D10.jpeg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ace24 said:

New Shark! Shark! 100,000 point club member here!! 😃

I don’t see myself going much higher. My brain so far hasn’t been able to adapt to the game speed at this point. 

09FA84E6-9A58-4108-B3FD-C000C4486D10.jpeg

That's awesome, great job!  Getting over 100k is definitely a challenge!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Alright Spartan, here you go. 😉. Was in the zone tonight:

147,550

New site record

 

3306CCD5-F15E-41D4-8132-8B6870D7E54E.jpeg

HO-LEEEEEEEEEEE COOOOOOOW !!!!!!!!!

 

IN-CREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I’m proud of you Matt !!!!!!! 
 

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

HO-LEEEEEEEEEEE COOOOOOOW !!!!!!!!!

 

IN-CREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I’m proud of you Matt !!!!!!! 
 

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mr_me said:

Nice score.  What was your peak number of extra fish in this game?

Thanks !! I peaked at around 107 fish. For a PB-run it was maybe just enough.... I had to scramble extra to get my score. I was looking for more like 115 but I couldn’t get there :) 

 

it’s kind of moot after seeing Matt’s score... but I appreciate your post !! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...