Jump to content
JacobZu7zu7

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 4 - Shark! Shark!

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I’ll need 150 extra fish to get Matt’s score :) :) 

 

Which would be impossible!!! :) 

I’m sure you are gunna put your hands through hell and try. 😊

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

New personal best:

 

2245CEF8-F160-40EC-B575-9098B540A74A.jpeg

Nice score man. I'm still in the 70k range. This game has been a BIG problemo for me.... 😤

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This shark gets frickin' fast man. Got a new high of reserve fish too: 21! I love and hate this game at the same time. There's accomplishment in going up the chain, and then it's all taken away like that. Then I get to 30k and the shark goes after me double time.

 

36,900

547001605_Shark!Shark!2020-08-0816_30_26.thumb.png.008a5733d6fb805efa8df257331e0703.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

This shark gets frickin' fast man. Got a new high of reserve fish too: 21! I love and hate this game at the same time. There's accomplishment in going up the chain, and then it's all taken away like that. Then I get to 30k and the shark goes after me double time.

 

36,900

547001605_Shark!Shark!2020-08-0816_30_26.thumb.png.008a5733d6fb805efa8df257331e0703.png

So I gotta ask, are you using the up/down method to attack the shark? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

This is as high as I can go.

131800.JPG

Great effort though!  You still have another week to bust your thumbs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 12:09 AM, IntyFanMatt said:
4 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Great effort though!  You still have another week to bust your thumbs...

Thanks !!!! In this one, I pushed myself to get one extra nip on a fish wherever possible.... but this would be my absolute best game..... 140k / 145k is just un-realistic :) :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Thanks !!!! In this one, I pushed myself to get one extra nip on a fish wherever possible.... but this would be my absolute best game..... 140k / 145k is just un-realistic :) :)

I hear ya. It’s very tough to increase scores unless you have tons of lives once you reach 100k. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

So I gotta ask, are you using the up/down method to attack the shark? 

I am, but I guess I'm not fast enough when he gets faster b/c he seems to snag me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

I am, but I guess I'm not fast enough when he gets faster b/c he seems to snag me.

Ok, it might just be that you need to start doing it with the dash button to get quicker, that should help!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fakecortex said:

I am, but I guess I'm not fast enough when he gets faster b/c he seems to snag me.

Watch for the larger fish in the way. They go in there on purpose, just to disrupt you. Swim around them and then nip the sharks tail. There’s a big blue round fish that’s designed just to get in your way. Same with the lobster. He’s there to jump and grab your fish if you try to nip the shark’s tail near him. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1st Entry - Finally got over 80k. I didn't have this game / cart as a kid and it's showing. 🙄

 

81,800

 

SS(81800)S13.jpg.05ff5374df595037f5443fc70eca39d1.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

1st Entry - Finally got over 80k. I didn't have this game / cart as a kid and it's showing. 🙄

 

81,800

 

SS(81800)S13.jpg.05ff5374df595037f5443fc70eca39d1.jpg

There ya go!  100k is in reach!

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, hoosierdadee78 said:

41,400. What a great game. Never really played it much before. Incredible scores by you guys as well. B72F37C1-D8C9-4F8C-BB77-7BF5380525E8.thumb.jpeg.da497db6ff8d5f86fe92147ecfa4fa28.jpeg

It is definitely a great game!  The better you get, the more fun it is.  Enjoy!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how any game at any moment has the potential to be your personal best. That's good game design. 

 

A single good run or two can turn any game around. All you have to do is survive at size 5 and rack up those lives! 🙂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Jacob, here is how we all stand for the season:

 

Rankings thru Auto Racing

8/10/2020

 

1. Rickster8 [+47]

2. INTELLIVISION SPARTAN [+41]

3. BiffMan [+37]

4. IntyFanMatt [+23]

4. mr_me [+23]

6. JacobZu7zu7 [+22]

7. Ace24 [+21]

8. ed1475 [+11]

9. gar0u [+10]

10. hoosierdadee78 [+9]
11. Player One [+8]

12. Oscar G. [+6]

13. JasonlikesINTV [+5]

13. Intelligentleman [+5]

15. fakecortex [+5]

16. dpisacane [+3]

17. Mangia-boy [+2]

17. roadrunner [+2]

17. jblenkle [+2]

20. cmadruga [+1]

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...