IGNORED

Anyone in the SF Bay Area with an Incognito 800?

StickJock

I'm trying to install an Incognito in my 800, but it doesn't seem to work.  If I replace the original ROM & RAM boards, the 800 boots up normally, but with the Incognito installed I just get a black screen.  I've gone back & forth a few times with the same results.

I've detailed my installation here:

Is there anyone in the Bay Area (I'm in Fremont) that would be willing to try my Incognito card in their system?  It should be pretty simple & quick to just pull out your card, unplug the connectors on it and plug them into my card and then plug in my card and see if it boots.  If it does, then I somehow screwed up my install.  If it doesn't, then it's a bad card and I will send it back to Lotharek.  I just don't want to go through the hassle of sending it back to Poland only to find out that it actually works.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StickJock said:

Is there anyone in the SF Bay area that can help me out with this?

I live in the SF Bay Area, but no 800. Sorry. You might want to contact San Leandro Computer Club. Before COVID, I think they still met every month. 

It’s possible @KLund1 may know something. I’m guessing he’s the same person mentioned at SLCC. I’ve never gone to a meeting because it’s too far for a weekday meeting from the South Bay. 

Someone at that club might have an 800. However, finding one with an Incognito might be more challenging. 

Bob C