IGNORED

"Winnable" games

Redcurrie

The same could be said of E.T...the "winnablke" aspect here is just the end of the current round (the same as eating all dots in a board of Pac-Man, etc). Tho you could intentionally cause the ship to crash on E.T. and therefore end his adventure prematurely (or just run out of energy+lives), gameplay doesn't actually have an ending. E.T. just keeps getting stranded on Earth for infinity. I think his comrades are trying to tell him something ;)

Similarly (IIRC), there should be no definate ending to Space Shuttle. Although messages appear upon landing which check the number of dockings and how much fuel you have remaining, you could probably continue docking beyond six completions if you wanted to (so long as your fuel holds out, and no other game-ending catastrophes occur). No further reward aside from bragging rights, tho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

My memory is kinda fuzzy on that. It's been almost 30 years since my family got those games new. There's no way I'd be able to remember what kinda promotional stuff was in the box. I do vaguely remember a pamphlet that had several screen shots on it. I wanna say it had multiple games, and I'm sure Solar Fox was on what I saw. I might be confusing that with the Solar Fox instruction book, though. The instructions for Solar Fox and Blueprint do say that completing the words "is your key to exciting new surprises from CBS Electronics."

I solved the anagram for Blueprint and sent in the card. A few weeks later I received a Purple T-shirt that said "Solar Fox Rocks" on it. I loved that shirt and wore the hell out of it. Unfortunately my mom threw it out.

• Like 1