IGNORED

My AVF videos for AVG Cart

Poison

I did final update of my AVF videos in my archive.org library. I put related videos to one file and update bad to corrected and improoved versions.

https://archive.org/details/@poison6502

There are now archives:

Movie Trailers

Game Intros

Atari Jaguar 

Dance 90s

Amiga Games

Amiga Games.JPG

Atari Jaguar.JPG

Dance 90s.JPG

Game Intros.JPG

Movie Trailers.JPG

Edited by Poison
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys

Has anybody tried Verbatim SD cards with AVF?

(I bought a very short verbatim USB flash drive, that spontaneously unmounted from time to time.  I sent it in to Verbatim after contacting them.  When the package arrived, they recognized that I did my best to wrap it, but somebody had opened the package and the flashdrive was gone.  They sent me a new one free of charge anyway.  So now I really like Verbatim.)

Sincerely

Mathy

PS does the AVG cart support SDXC?

No experience with Verbatim SD-cards here (but the 5,25" disks that I have from Verbatim are very good)...

Just ordered a 64GB Sandisk Ultra SD-card, so I will know soon if SDXC works with AVG cart. (will format it with Sandisk SD-Formatter and FAT32 and hope it works then)...

1 hour ago, CharlieChaplin said:

No experience with Verbatim SD-cards here (but the 5,25" disks that I have from Verbatim are very good)...

Just ordered a 64GB Sandisk Ultra SD-card, so I will know soon if SDXC works with AVG cart. (will format it with Sandisk SD-Formatter and FAT32 and hope it works then)...

Let me know, please, if 64GB SD works. I have this one and works great.

https://www.alza.cz/sandisk-sdhc-32gb-extreme-pro-uhs-i-v30-u3-d4475214.htm

may be I should buy this one:

https://www.alza.cz/sandisk-sdxc-64gb-extreme-uhs-i-v30-u3-d5579847.htm

Hehe,

I was so evil to download only the german cartoon intros (and remove the redundant creator logos, whenever possible) from youtube. Poison was so nice to convert them into AVF format for me. There is more to come... (if Poison agrees), since I downloaded approx. 60 cartoon intros from the 70s, 80s and 90s and also two full versions (Sancho and Pancho with approx. 6 minutes and The Little Mole with approx. 5 minutes)...

All thanks go to Poison for doing this great work!!!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Hehe,

I was so evil to download only the german cartoon intros (and remove the redundant creator logos, whenever possible) from youtube. Poison was so nice to convert them into AVF format for me. There is more to come... (if Poison agrees), since I downloaded approx. 60 cartoon intros from the 70s, 80s and 90s and also two full versions (Sancho and Pancho with approx. 6 minutes and The Little Mole with approx. 5 minutes)...

All thanks go to Poison for doing this great work!!!

There are new videos :) Anim_series_intros_2.

https://archive.org/details/@poison6502

Výstřižek.JPG

• Like 2

Hello folks,

I can hereby confirm that SDXC works with AVF cart when formatted with FAT32. If you have old PC's like I do (single core and dual core) and old + good WIN XP, you will be confronted with some problems you have to solve first:

1) you need an SDXC cardreader: My 35in1 model could read SD and SDHC only, so the SDXC card was not detected at all! Luckily I also have three USB sticks that are SD cardreaders and two of them could read SDXC...  (they displayed the Sandisk Ultra 64GB cards with 59.x GB and exFAT)...

2) format with FAT32: even though the SDXC card can be read, it is formatted with exFAT and AVG cart. does not support this (afaik); Windows XP refuses to format with FAT32 for any flashcards bigger than 32GB, I knew this before and thought hey, let me use Sandisk SD-Formatter instead; nice idea, but bad luck: the Sandisk SD formatter (at least version 4.x for my Win XP) has no option to choose the format and after formatting it showed me that the card was formatted with exFAT again, sigh...

Alright then, so I installed a FAT32 formatter program, one that should work under WIN XP, 7, 8 and 10. When I executed it under XP, it gave me a nice xyz exception error with some nice numbers and letters. Could send that to Microsoft, but guess they do not care any longer about Win XP ;-) Luckily the program showed a window with options REPEAT, IGNORE and EXIT. I first chose Repeat and got the same error again, so I chose ignore and to my surprise the program worked then. Formatted the 64GB Sandisk Ultra SDXC card with FAT32 and named it AVG-XL1.

Then I copied the AVG firmware and AFV viewer onto the card, followed by some AVF movies from Poison. Finally I plugged the SDXC card into the AVG cart., powered on the A8 - and it works! Loaded several AVF movies without problems. So, as said before, you can use SDXC cards with the AVG cart. as long as they are formatted with FAT32.  Hey, 256GB SDXC cards are less than 40 Euro now ;-)

The next SD card standard is already defined, it's SDUC with sizes ranging from 2TB up to 128TB. Since FAT32 is limited to a maximum of 2TB, such cards require at least exFAT and as I just read at Wikipedia, Microsoft no longer wants licenses for that and the specs. for exFAT are publicly available... just as a note for future A8 hardware (and firmware).  ;-)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/31/2020 at 4:56 AM, Poison said:

hi, AVF watchers :)

I just finished Best of 80s (69 videos)

And updated archive of Best of 90s to version 1.2 (108 videos, I hope it is final).

poison

80s.JPG

90s.JPG

Nice bunch of videos but only in PAL format. Is there an easy way to convert them to ntsc?