IGNORED

Convert DIS/FIX 80 to PROGRAM #5

Shift838

There is the SAVE program that comes with Editor Assembler... 

But if you didn't write the code with the symbols to support SAVE, it is a pain in the ... 

I usually just end up reading the tagged object code, to see where it loads, and how long it is... ( I have to re-learn each time ) I either find the docs for reading the format on ti-tech-pages or ninerpedia, and then use Classic99 's 'make' option in the debugger... set a break point to the 'start' address of the program, start the program, and then pick the make-ea5 menu item and make sure the addresses saved include the areas the program is linked into. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shift838 said:

If I recall there used to be a program (I could be mistaken) that converts a DIS/FIX 80 object code file to a EA #5 Program image.

does one exist??  if so where??

Here is mine, SuperSave.

It works on the typical relocatable code. It allows you to put some or all of the E/A utilities into high RAM next to the files you load.

Otherwise you can try GenLink...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atrax27407 said:

If the D/F 80 file is self-sufficient, I use the Mechatronic Eprommer software. Just load the D/F 80 file and then SAVE the memory image back. Otherwise, just use the SAVE program that came with E/A or the F'WEB version.

Where can I find the Mechatronic Eprommer software?

2 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

If the D/F 80 file is self-sufficient, I use the Mechatronic Eprommer software. Just load the D/F 80 file and then SAVE the memory image back. Otherwise, just use the SAVE program that came with E/A or the F'WEB version.

Oh that's a good idea. I thought about GenLink being able to do that, but this works on a 4A.