IGNORED

Atari 5200 MultiCart Took A Dump

GrizzLee

After a couple of moves and not playing my 5200 for about 5 years, I hooked it all up and discovered my menu driven multi cart doesn't work. I believe it was made by Sean Kelly. I have a DIP switch cart from him as well. It still works, however, I really like the menu driven one better.

Is there a good alternative out there? I've heard that the Kelly carts are are notorious for failing. If possible I'd love to add some the of the 8 bit conversions onto the cart.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by GrizzLee
spelling

1 hour ago, GrizzLee said:

After a couple of moves and not playing my 5200 for about 5 years, I hooked it all up and discovered my menu driven multi cart doesn't work. I believe it was made by Sean Kelly. I have a DIP switch cart from him as well. It still works, however, I really like the menu driven one better.

Is there a good alternative out there? I've heard that the Kelly carts are are notorious for failing. If possible I'd love to add some the of the 8 bit conversions onto the cart.

Thanks for your help.

These had a high failure rate due to poor soldering. It happened to mine.

On 8/16/2020 at 6:47 AM, rayik said:

Here's a zip with 8 bit conversions. Its a couple of years old. If you find any additional, it would be appreciated if you post them to this thread.

Conversions.zip 770.7 kB · 4 downloads

On 8/17/2020 at 5:55 AM, Wrathchild said:

Yes, missing the last 4 from here

Thank you folks!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 5:55 AM, Wrathchild said:

Yes, missing the last 4 from here

Going to this site is blocked by my security. I was able to get on using another computer, but it blocked me from dowloading the roms. Is this website malicious?

Too bad, Im interested in a couple of the games. Necromancer for one.

41 minutes ago, GrizzLee said:

Going to this site is blocked by my security. I was able to get on using another computer, but it blocked me from dowloading the roms. Is this website malicious?

Too bad, Im interested in a couple of the games. Necromancer for one.

The site works fine for me - I get a warning from Chrome that it's not secure, which just means it's an HTTP connection instead of an encrypted HTTPS. 

2 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

it's an HTTP connection instead of an encrypted HTTPS

Indeed, it was some free web space with my initial web provider and unchanged in years (though not modified by any other external force).

If I need to update the list this is controlled via an xml file, so no code needs to change.

wrathchild_downloads.zip

Edited by Wrathchild
added zip
  • Like 2