IGNORED

Complete List of Jaguar games

BuddyBuddies

Hey buddies,

This might be a stupid question for some but where can I find a complete list of everything that’s been released for the Jaguar? I’d like a complete list of everything including cartridges , cds, homebrews ect etc. I keep seeing more titles I hadn’t even known were released. Any help is appreciated , thanks in advance.  “Jaguar Rules!”

• Like 3

For my purposes, the AA games list is what I use for a starting point.  After that, you would have to do some research for homebrews.  Perhaps an update to the AA list is in order by Albert.  I am sure he could use some help doing that though.

On 8/5/2020 at 5:10 PM, davidcalgary29 said:

I don't think anyone's made one yet, because the word "released" is probably no longer definable in any useful way for many titles. Sounds like a great project for you! :)

Sounds pretty simple to me , if it was released on cart or cd it was released, even if it’s not available anymore for purchase.I’m sure I’ll compile a list at some point since nobody seems to have one  ,but I was just curious if there was one readily available. Seems like someone would have done this by now, I mean how do new fans to the scene know what’s out or where they can buy the games. Surely this would help push sales of those releasing the games too. 

3 minutes ago, joeatari1 said:

For my purposes, the AA games list is what I use for a starting point.  After that, you would have to do some research for homebrews.  Perhaps an update to the AA list is in order by Albert.  I am sure he could use some help doing that though.

Yeah , the AA games list is a good starting point for sure. It’s just that it would surely help the average newcomer on here. If I hadn’t been absent for so long I’d have a list of them most likely , but outside the commercial releases who knows how many games are out there for the Jaguar without researching etc. Seems like it would be an easy task for members to all help out an get Albert a list of games compiled.  

2 minutes ago, BuddyBuddies said:

Yeah , the AA games list is a good starting point for sure. It’s just that it would surely help the average newcomer on here. If I hadn’t been absent for so long I’d have a list of them most likely , but outside the commercial releases who knows how many games are out there for the Jaguar without researching etc. Seems like it would be an easy task for members to all help out an get Albert a list of games compiled.  

Okay, lets begin:

Rebooteroids

Jag Zombies

Defender of the Crown

Fast Food 64

Protector

Protector SE

Frog Feast

Hyper Force

Loopz

Robinsons Requiem

Skyhammer

Total Carnage

Astrostorm

Escape 2042

Fantasy World Dizzy

Head Over Heels

Jeff Minter Classics

Impossamole

Speedball 2

Switchblade

Treasure Island Dizzy

Xenon 2

I am sure there are MANY that I forgot.  Others can fill in the blanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BuddyBuddies said:

I realize should have been more clear in my last post! I meant to say that the release history of quite a few homebrews is complicated, and thought you were looking for all releases of all Jaguar games. That's tricky.

For example, I originally bought Painter on CD from its author when it was first released. There was another release some time later, and it then became unavailable. There was also a "special edition" release at some point. Painter was then released on cartridge. I didn't snag a copy of the first run, but did on a later one. And I'm still not sure how many runs of each were made. 

I also bought a couple of copies of Frog Feast when it was first released on CD, and then a copy of Frog Feast/Soccer Kid from Songbird, and it's now available as a standalone cart from Songbird as well. 

Scatologic produced that one-off Battlesphere combo cart that was auctioned off for cartridge. There was only one made, but everyone could bid on it, so that might count as a "release" as well.

Then there's that pricey Battleship game that popped up a few years ago. I don't know if anyone bought it, but that seller in Russia offered it for sale (for hundreds of dollars a copy, mind you) for some time.

I have Bomb Squad both on CD and as part of Songbird's Early Years multicart. And I also have Starcat's Ocean Depths on CD. Does that count as a game?

Elansar was released on both CD and cart. Philia is only on CD, though (for now). I have Blackout both on CD and cartridge. That's also true of Impulse X. And now Impulse X is going to have another official release -- but this time, it's going to be offered as a bundled package.

Alice's Mom's Rescue had a couple of different cart releases (with different packaging). 

Willard and co. bought the IP for the Carousel games, and have planned releases of them for some time. That would make it another official run, if you consider the original Carousel games to be "releases", even if they weren't sold to the general public in the '90s.

And of course Air Cars has been offered by multiple sellers after the commercial life of the Jag ended, and that includes ICD itself. The IP history for that one is certainly complex.

I don't know how many pirate multicarts are out there, but they sure were popular for awhile on eBay.

If we're just combining a list of all games that have been sold, regardless of iterations and formats, though, that should be easy enough.

• Like 2

Maybe I should have been more clear as well buddy, I think a total in depth list combining everything that has been sold regardless of the number of copies, iterations and formats is what I’d like to see personally and that would help both newbies and collectors. The games that we do know the number of copies we could add. It can however be somewhat confusing in terms of rereleases. I remember the Frog Feast original run on cart and  cd and now with Soccerkid, the Painter releases ,Aircars versions ,Battlesphere Trio one of a kind, the Carousel games once released I think would replace the originals because they were never officially released as far as I know. I don’t think the different colored shells of some releases really matter ,but yeah just a basic list of everything that’s been released at some point would be fantastic. If people want to go more in detail with it later that’s fine. This list is something Atariage should have and I think most people would be shocked to see so many games that are now currently or were available for the Jaguar at some point. 

3 hours ago, BuddyBuddies said:

Maybe I should have been more clear as well buddy, I think a total in depth list combining everything that has been sold regardless of the number of copies, iterations and formats is what I’d like to see personally and that would help both newbies and collectors. The games that we do know the number of copies we could add. It can however be somewhat confusing in terms of rereleases. I remember the Frog Feast original run on cart and  cd and now with Soccerkid, the Painter releases ,Aircars versions ,Battlesphere Trio one of a kind, the Carousel games once released I think would replace the originals because they were never officially released as far as I know. I don’t think the different colored shells of some releases really matter ,but yeah just a basic list of everything that’s been released at some point would be fantastic. If people want to go more in detail with it later that’s fine. This list is something Atariage should have and I think most people would be shocked to see so many games that are now currently or were available for the Jaguar at some point. 

Would this also include all of the Atari ST games that have been ported over like Star Wars Arcade, Gauntlet II and Joust? Most, if not all, have been released on cartridge and still can be ordered (I believe) per request. Reach out to CyranoJ if you have any questions. He's a super nice guy.

There's a list of them here:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Reach out to CyranoJ if you have any questions.

I have no objections, as long as if you add (ST Port) to them, you also add (Amiga Port) to Worms, Pinball Fantasies... or maybe (Genesis Port) after Syndicate.  Or (PC Port) to Wolfenstein and Doom. 

They're games, just enjoy them.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Then there's that pricey Battleship game that popped up a few years ago. I don't know if anyone bought it, but that seller in Russia offered it for sale (for hundreds of dollars a copy, mind you) for some time.

It is still for sale on Ebay($180ish). It is an interesting little game. Fun with another person for small spurts. Worth about $60-70 tops.  Too bad it is priced so insanely.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Would this also include all of the Atari ST games that have been ported over like Star Wars Arcade, Gauntlet II and Joust? Most, if not all, have been released on cartridge and still can be ordered (I believe) per request. Reach out to CyranoJ if you have any questions. He's a super nice guy.

There's a list of them here:

Yes ,it would also include all of the Atari ST games that have been ported over,basically everything that’s been released. Also thanks for the link. I’ll check it out and while he may be a nice guy, if I remember correctly CyranoJ and his group don’t care much for me and that’s fine,so I don’t think contacting him is something I’m interested in doing at this point.

7 hours ago, Machine said:

It is still for sale on Ebay($180ish). It is an interesting little game. Fun with another person for small spurts. Worth about $60-70 tops.  Too bad it is priced so insanely.

Couldn't find a link. Does anyone have his e-mail? I should try to see if he's at all interested in selling me a copy (at less than his asking). :)

7 hours ago, Machine said:

Yea , that seems to be the case with many Jaguar games. I’ve seen the Battleship game on eBay before , of course that too would be on the list. Is the guy a member on here? Maybe there is a reason he has it listed for so much. Just a thought though. 

I just pulled this list off of wikipedia. Probably some errors but I didn't even check. :ponder:

Mitch

AirCars
Alien vs Predator
Atari Karts
Attack of the Mutant Penguins
Breakout 2000
Brutal Sports Football
Bubsy in Fractured Furry Tales
Cannon Fodder
Checkered Flag
Club Drive
Cybermorph
Defender 2000
Doom
Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
Evolution: Dino Dudes
Fever Pitch Soccer
Fight For Life
Flashback: The Quest for Identity
FlipOut!
Hover Strike
I-War
International Sensible Soccer
Iron Soldier
Iron Soldier 2
Kasumi Ninja
Missile Command 3D
NBA Jam: Tournament Edition
Pinball Fantasies
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
Power Drive Rally
Raiden
Rayman
Ruiner Pinball
Super Burnout
Supercross 3D
Syndicate
Tempest 2000
Theme Park
Towers II: Plight of the Stargazer
Trevor McFur in the Crescent Galaxy
Troy Aikman NFL Football
Ultra Vortek
Val d'Isère Skiing and Snowboarding
White Men Can't Jump
Wolfenstein 3D
Worms
Zero 5
Zool 2
Zoop

ABSORBIERER
A Frogz 64 Christmas
Alice's Mom's Rescue
American Hero
Another World
ANTS
Arena Football '95
ARNE - Jäger des Jags
AstroStorm
AUSWEICHMANÖVER
Barkley Shut Up and Jam!
BattleSphere
BattleSphere Gold
BattleSphere Trio
Beebris Special Edition
Black ICE\White Noise
Black Out!
Brett Hull NHL Hockey
Caves of Fear
CGE 5th
Custodian
Defender of the Crown
Double Feature #1
Downfall
Downfall+
The Early Years CD Collection
Eerievale
Elansar
Escape 2042: The Truth Defenders
Fast Food 64
Fast Food 64: Holiday Snacks
Flappy McFur
Frogz 64
Frog Feast
Full Circle: Rocketeer
Gorf Classic
Head Over Heels
Hyper Force
Impulse X
Impossamole
JaguarMIND: Bomb Squad
JagZombies
Jaguar Hockey Legends '15
Jagware Collection 1.0
Jeff Minter Classics
Kobayashi Maru: Final
Lost Treasures
Mad Bodies
Native Demo
Ocean Depths
Orion's Jaguar Collection
Painter
Painter Special Edition
Phase Zero
Philia: The Sequel to Elansar
Protector
Protector: Special Edition
Protector: Resurgence
Rebooteroids
Robinson's Requiem
Saucer Wars
Sea Battle
Skyhammer
Soccer Kid
Space War 2000
SuperFly DX
Switchblade
Total Carnage
Treasure Island Dizzy
Uwol: Quest for Money
Varuna's Forces
Xenon 2 Megablast
Yopaz IceStar

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Couldn't find a link. Does anyone have his e-mail? I should try to see if he's at all interested in selling me a copy (at less than his asking). :)

He wasn't discounting much a few years ago. My wife got it for me(birthday) when it first came out or I would have never had gotten it. We've played it several times, it has it's charm but nothing like some of the better homebrews.....although much better than some.  :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BuddyBuddies said:

Yes ,it would also include all of the Atari ST games that have been ported over,basically everything that’s been released. Also thanks for the link. I’ll check it out and while he may be a nice guy, if I remember correctly CyranoJ and his group don’t care much for me and that’s fine,so I don’t think contacting him is something I’m interested in doing at this point.

I literally just responded 2 posts up, dude :)

If you are basing your infromation on anything said by Kieren "The Liar" Hawken, or his co-hort DCRip... or the people who bought into his bullshit (Stormworks, looking at you) then maybe you should read this: 

It's a lot, but the first post should be enough.

Welcome back!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

I literally just responded 2 posts up, dude :)

If you are basing your infromation on anything said by Kieren "The Liar" Hawken, or his co-hort DCRip... or the people who bought into his bullshit (Stormworks, looking at you) then maybe you should read this: 

It's a lot, but the first post should be enough.

Welcome back!

Thanks for the welcome back ?. Yeah I noticed you responded above but I was referring to me actually contacting you directly. I skimmed over your link above. I do remember Kieren or LynxGod whatever his name is or was and also DCRip but don’t know them personally, they could have even been my friends on JSII but I honestly don’t remember.I think it was him that actually deleted every post he had ever made on JSII long ago, again I could be wrong.It’s been years since I’ve been following this stuff and after looking at some of the stuff posted in the links it reminded me of what a nasty place the Jaguar environment can be.
  It’s no secret that a lot of Jaguar fans are on different sides in the community for whatever reasons and many don’t come around Atariage anymore or don’t even post on here anymore or are banned entirely like Thunderbird etc etc. I personally don’t wish to be in anyone’s arguments, but I know from years ago that those who associated with certain groups are targeted by others. So I’m not sure the entire reason why certain people don’t care much for me, could be a number of reasons but I’m ok with that, I just elect to stay away from those toxic individuals.

If you don’t got any issue with me then I got no issue with you, but I can’t say that for all of your friends. I do applaud you guys for all your contributions to the Jaguar and I must say you’ve really helped get a good many games to the Jaguar, well done. Surely though you can remember when you guys came on the scene some nearly 10 years ago (I’m guessing) it was a different time and there was a lot of drama then (just like now) so hopefully you can understand my skepticism of the past pertaining to the present.  

12 minutes ago, BuddyBuddies said:

Surely though you can remember when you guys came on the scene some nearly 10 years ago (I’m guessing) it was a different time and there was a lot of drama then (just like now) so hopefully you can understand my skepticism of the past pertaining to the present.  

I can, but 95% of that was caused and amplified by Kieren and his pals. 

As Kieren is now, thankfully, a footnote in the history of scumbags to the entire retro community, I think we can move on :)

• Like 3