IGNORED

PS2 Problem with Loading ISO files

I will admit I am new to all of this and maybe I missed something, but given what I saw on Reddit I am not the only one. I have a phat PS2, with a compatible HDD, I also have a Free McBoot Memory card. Here is my issue even though I have done everything recommended with the HDD, and Free McBoot can format the HDD. My big issue is getting the ISO files on the HDD. I tried using Win Hip, it can't detect the HDD. Am I missing something, a step I skipped? I have no idea.

On 8/7/2020 at 2:44 AM, marauder666 said:

Run winhiip as administrator, and format as 48 bit in winhiip

In addition to this, if you are using Open PS2 Loader, you need to search for the compatibility list as some games require specific options to be set for them in order for them to work properly. I also don't mess with the virtual memory much as I've had hit and miss luck using that with most games. I installed the Free McBoot to my HDD so I wouldn't need to use the mem card anymore.

I also created my own images from my personal PS2 games that I have on my HDD and from the ones I've tested, they all were working once I made the needed compatibility changes for Open PS2 Loader.

31 minutes ago, marauder666 said:

I tried using free hd boot on another hd.  It worked, but took longer to boot than from the memory card.

Back to free mc boot.

Well yes it does take longer to boot from the HDD than it does a memory card but I like being able to use my memory cards as intended. It also allows me to easily pop the HDD into another PS2 phat in the future and have it all there to come up since all of the soft modding is on the HDD at that point. 

My point is, that my PS2 using Free McBoot on the HDD doesn't take that much longer to boot up that I can't wait the few extra seconds it takes. Honestly from the HDD it still boots up about the same amount of time my PC does so all good for me.