IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 14/15 ~ Shooters I've Never Played

Vocelli

Condor Attack 1,547

This game's awesome to me  x)

I always liked the "cheapo" games especially when the animation seems all crazy like a stop motion movie monster.

Rescue Terra I:  68,700

Surprisingly I'd never played this one.  Pretty good game!

Condor Attack (1B) 1547.jpg

Rescue Terra I (1B) 68700.jpg

• Like 5

Espial: 2,510
Something strange happened when I was playing.  I was on the second level and I got the level complete theme, then I went back to stage one with my score reset to zero.  Anyone know what might have happened?

Condor Attack: 3,555 (It says Vulture Attack, blame Stella.)

Rescue Terra I: 22,875

Espial (1984) (Tigervision).png

Vulture Attack (1982) (K-Tel Vision).png

Rescue Terra I (1982) (VentureVision).png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Rescue Terra I-49,775

Slight improvement, no particular goal on this game, as I just don't know it, but it is pretty fun-

Coming up just short of 50k kinda pissed me off tho(If I was submitting video of this elsewhere, there would be a disclaimer to turn down the volume and cover the kids ears attached...), so I'm sure I'll play some more.

I didn't take advantage of autofire last time, usually I prefer to pick stuff off myself, but holding the fire button down is pretty effective, like dropping extra pots in Crackpots, you often "accidentally" hit stuff moving from real target to real target.

Again, tho, surprisingly "fun", nice variation of trying to stay alive and shoot stuff(my personal Achilles heel.)

2600RescueTerra49775.png

• Like 6

Last Effort for this Game.

Once you get past about 8k, the game gives you some good opportunity to build your lives up ( MAX to 9 )

When you get this many generally you will survive the tough/fast waves with men intact, and then you just start the build process again.

I quit with 8 men Spare.

Hopefully someone can push past the Twin Galaxies record of 300k plus, but it ain't this little black duck ?

Condor Attack : 115,001

IMG_5916.thumb.jpg.a85ca8dd52f946ebae77e09452b948d4.jpg

Edited by nads
  • Like 6

Well crap.  Not only did you pick three games I don’t own. But thee three are selling for a LOT of money so guess I will bow out of this round. Be nice to know which Homebrews are coming up so I can see if I Can find them out there somewhere. 

I only play actual cartridges so I won’t be downloading these games either. (No idea how to do it either) Have fun all

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, nads said:

Last Effort for this Game.

Once you get past about 8k, the game gives you some good opportunity to build your lives up ( MAX to 9 )

When you get this many generally you will survive the tough/fast waves with men intact, and then you just start the build process again.

I quit with 8 men Spare.

Hopefully someone can push past the Twin Galaxies record of 300k plus, but it ain't this little black duck ?

Condor Attack : 115,001

IMG_5916.thumb.jpg.a85ca8dd52f946ebae77e09452b948d4.jpg

Wow!  I thought this game rolled at 99,999. 

• Like 2

Condor Attack-22,520

!!!!!!!

Played WAY the heck over my head this time.

I really do like the game-when it gets hectic, it's like you are getting a killscreen you have to "outlast".

No way many know/care about this one, but Peter Peppers Ice Cream Factory(Arcade, DECO Cassette) does something similar, every so often the baddies wonk out and you go from "game completion" to "survival" until it slows back down(by hitting baddies).

Nads is spot on, you get time to recover lost lives after you get "x" far into the game-as good as this score is, for me, I still think it's mediocre, I just managed to tiptoe right to the edge of staying alive for a while, rather than "thriving".

Anyway.

Friggin' Birds.

2600CondorAttack22520.png

*Edit*

Can't really see it well, but that's definitely my "Holy Crap, did I just do that?" face in the reflection in the pic...

:D

Edited by Rogerpoco
  • Like 6

Rescue Terra I-56,250

Sorry, Vocelli, I really don't have much else going on right now, gaming-wise, so I'm trying to enjoy these games, will probably have a few improvements(I hope), playing this stuff is what I have to do to get better at them, I suppose.

50k tho, so that monkey is off my back...

2600RescueTerra56250.png

• Like 4

Espial-12,530

Well, getting in the "not too bad" range on this one.

It gets so fast late, that memorizing where the bomb/missile depots are and making haste to them, HOPING to hit enemies along the way, but you seem to have to mostly blindly avoid them, "shoot and hope".

Probably my least favorite of the three, but not bad, and based on the scores, probably the one I stand the best chance of making a run at, I "died because I'm a dummy" several times this run...

2600Espial12530.png

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Redmiller said:

Well crap.  Not only did you pick three games I don’t own. But thee three are selling for a LOT of money so guess I will bow out of this round. Be nice to know which Homebrews are coming up so I can see if I Can find them out there somewhere. 

I only play actual cartridges so I won’t be downloading these games either. (No idea how to do it either) Have fun all

I guess a possible loophole for you would be getting a HARMONY CART???

Download the roms and then you would be playing on an “ Actual Cartridge “

• Like 5