IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 14/15 ~ Shooters I've Never Played

Vocelli

Finally got around to playing the games for this round! I wasn't too big on Condor Attack, it kinda felt like a Demon Attack ripoff with glitchy, seizure inducing graphics, but Espial I liked a lot (it's probably the closest thing there is to Xevious on the 2600) and Rescue Terra I was definitely the best game of the round on a purely technical level. I gotta say though, I'm pretty sure the Rescue Terra I instruction manual was correct about only 1 in 1,000 pilots ever completing the mission, because holy heck that game is tough and gets moving reaaaally fast once you start getting down close to 20,000 light years. I especially liked how the screen eventually begins scrolling so fast that the enemies' shots start to travel in reverse. It's relativity in action! :lol:

Condor Attack (Game 0, B/B Difficulty): 7,441

Espial (Game 1, B/B Difficulty): 19,580

Rescue Terra I (Game 1, B/B Difficulty): 127,950

DSC09999.thumb.JPG.a4527f151b5e9f574cd7d08bedbb5b78.JPG

DSC00021.thumb.JPG.6d2de058b9b0e4fb88b9df556f9d2be1.JPG

DSC00029.thumb.JPG.b5c6ad07143b0e9f6ac54baf39265c2d.JPG

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

Finally got around to playing the games for this round! I wasn't too big on Condor Attack, it kinda felt like a Demon Attack ripoff with glitchy, seizure inducing graphics, but Espial I liked a lot (it's probably the closest thing there is to Xevious on the 2600) ...(snip)

Closest thing to Xevious until recently. 27:00 mark.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Rescue Terra I-

Uhhh...

Hell, I was just insistent on breaking 100k, my Wife's best friend is "Tara", my running joke has been to tell her I am trying to rescue her, lol, had no idea I would scramble to the current # 2 score, boggles me...

Seriously, me getting better at shooting at shit is a real breakthru, possibly a dangerous one...

:D

2600RescueTerra139450.png

• Like 4

Quick last minute tips, tho I've only played this game a dozen times or so, lol...

I play almost exclusively in the lower right quadrant once the game gets fast-not quite at the bottom, not quite all the way right-sometimes I follow the saucers up a bit, but usually I try to get them down low.

Something big that seemed to help improve my score the last few runs-don't rely on the autofire to get the saucers-you can get the hang of when to fire as they are coming right, towards you, and either pick them off or they run back left.

Easily missed, I guess, but they(the saucers)"cycle" until you pick them off-as soon as one disappears at the top of the screen, another reappears at the bottom.

Hmm.

Don't ever hurry, it doesn't seem to help. Focus on staying alive and the points will accumulate.

• Like 2