IGNORED

Vectrex screen alignment

8bitAndy

Hi, I want to center and align my Vectrex screen. When I use the test cart with overlay I'm not sure what is supposed to line up.

The test cart produces an image of a grid. Is this supposed to fit within the inner, middle or outer box lines on the test cart overlay? Where should the bold lines on the top, bottom and sides fit?  

I appreciate any advice on making this adjustment.

Thank you, 

Andy

IMG_3512.jpg

8 hours ago, D-Type said:

I calibrated one of mine recently and I aligned everything with the middle of the three, when I did that, the top and bottom extended lines also lined up well also.

Thanks, I got mine pretty close but I'm having trouble with the front yoke magnet tab. It shifts around but seems hung up on something that stops it from rotating. I have the clamp loosened and the rear tab rotates freely.

I don't want to put too much force on it. Is there a trick to loosen it up?

The front yoke ring has a small tab that fits into a notch on the plastic yoke assembly (see red circle). The ring can shift around but this small tab in the notch keeps it from rotating. I'm trying to adjust the horizontal position of the image and this is stumping me. I can adjust the vertical position with the rear ring.

Has anyone reading this done this adjustment with the tab? What am I missing?

vectrex yoke tabs.jpg

The circled tab in pic is kinda a spring that keeps tension on the centering rings so they don't rattle around. There's 2 rings and 2 tabs stacked that work interdependently. sometimes you have to hold 1 tab while rotating the other.

Another tip: Take note of the angle of the front of the screen with back cover on, angle of unit leans back with cover off and will skew the view of adjustments being made, prop back of unit up with a book so it's same angle as with cover on. Also make adjustments sitting at your playing spot. 

good day.

Edited by chopperthedog

3 hours ago, chopperthedog said:

The circled tab in pic is kinda a spring that keeps tension on the centering rings so they don't rattle around. There's 2 rings and 2 tabs stacked that work interdependently. sometimes you have to hold 1 tab while rotating the other.

Thanks for the info. When I move the front ring I see the circled tab move exactly the same way, and I can't move the ring more than the small tolerance the circled tab has in the plastic notch. Does this mean the circled tab is stuck to the ring? Do you have any advice on how I can separate them?