IGNORED

The Official Antarctic Tales thread - IntellivisionRevolution

Rev

Antarctic Tales

A game by Cmadruga 

B110732D-19BE-4263-86BD-4A004BC0D35A.thumb.jpeg.95ee9bbbc7e86f37d070dba33f3af11e.jpeg

Coming soon for the Mattel Intellivision. Summer 2020. For one player. For use on color TV only. Published by IntellivisionRevolution.

Gatefold box

Game Cartridge 

Instruction manual

2 controller overlays

$60.00 plus s+h 

Join the newsletter for updates: Newsletter

Work in progress video of gameplay

Edited by Rev
  • Like 12

Here is a video showing a few minutes of game play. This is the final version, not a work in progress.

This game is about helping your penguin reach different outposts in Antarctica before time runs out.

It is basically a racing game, in which you control the penguin's speed and can also make it jump over obstacles.

Managing speed is critical. Sometimes it pays to go top speed and be a little reckless, but most of the time it will be about setting a good pace.

Pick up some fish along the way and you will receive some extra time. During advanced stages that becomes quite important.

Flags give you points, and the purple flag in particular makes your penguin literally take-off for a while

This game also supports secret codes that can be entered with the keypad at the title screen.

Codes do different things, and there is one in particular that should make our Canadian friends proud.

Anyway, this was a very fun project and I hope those willing to give it a shot will enjoy it!

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 6

On 8/7/2020 at 11:29 AM, Rev said:

Every game I can, I strongarmed the programmers into putting a snow level. 

Hmmm. Has anyone found the hidden snow level in DKJr yet?  I actually don’t think so. The Easter egg hunt is afoot. 

You didn't tell me how to access it, but knowing that it was in there, I found it within a few seconds. :P

For anybody who hasn't seen it, it's at 5:37 in this video:

• Like 1

Yep, thanks for catching that. You are already credited inside the game itself under music. Since this is a draft, I’m sure @mthompson can synchronize it with the final manual as well. The Jonas/Anders mixup came up a while ago... not sure how that carried through this draft but I’m sure it will get fixed as well.

• Like 1