IGNORED

Is Bob Out There? Still Kicking? 1200XL Guy

gilsaluki

I had a back and forth email with him about 2 weeks ago. He's been busy with his property, and I would imagine trying to make sense of all his Atari stuff that he moved out of storage (this guy has a lot of Atari goodies, and could open his own slightly downsized version of B&C or Best).

6 minutes ago, mytek said:

BTW, I've seen others besides yourself include those links using AA member names - how is that done?

Just type an "@" sign in the post editor, followed by the first few letters of the member's name.  A drop-down list of matching names should appear; select the name from the list, and a tag will be added to your post.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, jaybird3rd said:

Just type an "@" sign in the post editor, followed by the first few letters of the member's name.  A drop-down list of matching names should appear; select the name from the list, and a tag will be added to your post.

I wish the Facebook website would do this.. instead you have to type part of a name, wait for it's fuzzy search to display names (and a lot of times it'll show out of the group), and you just have to hope the one you're looking for doesn't have too many similar ones...

The other night I was responding to a post about Mars Attacks with 'ack ack ack' and Jensen Ackles was suggested!

Hello guys

4 hours ago, jaybird3rd said:

This feature is case sensitive BTW (as I found out when I put together the posting above).  "bob1200xl" won't appear in the list if you start with a "B" instead of a "b" after the "@".

Sincerely

Mathy

• Thanks 1

Bob has become a man of few words over the last couple of years when it comes to the forums. Him and his wife are both retired and spending time enjoying the good life out on their multi-acre estate. He's probably playing with his tractor, organizing his huge Atari barn, or taking trips with his wife around the area which is quite beautiful being close to the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountain range.

• Like 6