IGNORED

Risky Rick ROM - did you get a copy?

ZillaRUSH

Looks great and seems to play smooth...

But how F'ing annoying can a game be?

You have to repeat the same thing over and over to get a smidgen further along...

If I want to play a memory game, I play a memory game!

I know every game is a little bit memorization.  But when it is "blind" and becomes just trial and error, I don't think I have the patient for that anymore.  IF I ever did?

That being said.. I did play a lot of Montezuma's Revenge way back when.  When summers lasted forever and everyday was sunny! LOL

3 hours ago, Loafer said:

It’s based on Rick Dangerous. Yeah games of that type like Montezumas revenge certainly requires learning by dying but it’s a great genre for the platform and man, what they managed to make the colecovision do blows my mind 

Knowing that this game is a 32k game and does NOT require an SGM....  

1 hour ago, davidcalgary29 said:

But I want a boxed copy!!!

I need a "whining" emoticon. :)

Did you try to contact ArcadeVision , to ask them?

7 hours ago, youki said:

Knowing that this game is a 32k game and does NOT require an SGM....  

Did you try to contact ArcadeVision , to ask them?

They advised that they can't get more cartridge shells for another run. Gah! I've been enquiring about this FOREVER.

Now I need a "bitter" emoticon. :P

On 8/10/2020 at 11:24 PM, Loafer said:

It’s based on Rick Dangerous. Yeah games of that type like Montezumas revenge certainly requires learning by dying but it’s a great genre for the platform and man, what they managed to make the colecovision do blows my mind 

It does look amazing! 

I think I was just in a grumpy mood when I watched the video.

On 8/10/2020 at 7:57 PM, 1980gamer said:

Looks great and seems to play smooth...

But how F'ing annoying can a game be?

You have to repeat the same thing over and over to get a smidgen further along...

If I want to play a memory game, I play a memory game!

I know every game is a little bit memorization.  But when it is "blind" and becomes just trial and error, I don't think I have the patient for that anymore.  IF I ever did?

That being said.. I did play a lot of Montezuma's Revenge way back when.  When summers lasted forever and everyday was sunny! LOL

BlueMSX has a save state in it's emulator, I would save anywhere you can pause.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
18 hours ago, zyzzle said:

How do you go about actually purchasing the ROM? I've sent an e-mail to them. $4.90 seems good but if the price suddenly doubles due to "hidden" ebay / paypal fees, it most certainly isn't worth it. 

i guess the fee are the paypal fees , i don't remember exactly how much it is but i think it was around 4%

I got the game for $4.90 -- plus a damned 20% Paypal fee because of "international" transfer, but it is still a worthwhile purchase. I quickly modified the single byte in the .ROM to disable the DRM. The game is fabulous, but a memory task. I wish there was some kind of cheat code or invincibility hack, so that I can progress further in the game, though.

8 hours ago, zyzzle said:

I got the game for $4.90 -- plus a damned 20% Paypal fee because of "international" transfer, but it is still a worthwhile purchase. I quickly modified the single byte in the .ROM to disable the DRM. The game is fabulous, but a memory task. I wish there was some kind of cheat code or invincibility hack, so that I can progress further in the game, though.

Hello zyzzle.

It was asked to pay $4.90 + $0.50 for PayPal fees (10%) for USA/Canada peoples because we have shared the international fees.

Peoples have ordered this Digital package many times to play it on Atari Max or Emulator since 2 years ago. There is no DRM.

If you have encountered any problem, please contact us by email to find a solution. 

When you reach a new level, you can restart from it by pressing the corresponding key number. In example 2 for the level 2.

I hope that will help you to to train and progress.

Have fun!

• Like 1