IGNORED

Season 18 Round 1 of 15 - Marble Madness

asponge

Well, I was playing around on Mesen and just beat the Ultimate race.  Got a 20,000 bonus, and it deducted 20,000 because I died a lot.  ?

Total score was 60,800.   But... it was on emulator (the score I posted earlier was with real hardware and cart)   Are emulators allowed for these?  I know it says no emulator save states, which seems like its a "yes," but I wanted to find out for sure before posting a score playing on PC or RPi. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Well, I was playing around on Mesen and just beat the Ultimate race.  Got a 20,000 bonus, and it deducted 20,000 because I died a lot.  ?

Total score was 60,800.   But... it was on emulator (the score I posted earlier was with real hardware and cart)   Are emulators allowed for these?  I know it says no emulator save states, which seems like its a "yes," but I wanted to find out for sure before posting a score playing on PC or RPi. 

Yeah, emus are fine. Congrats on beating it! There's your answer @mbd30 hahaha.

Sucks on the point deduction, I didn't know that was a thing ?

9 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Emulators are allowed, just can't cheat by using save states.

Just now, fakecortex said:

Yeah, emus are fine. Congrats on beating it! There's your answer @mbd30 hahaha.

Sucks on the point deduction, I didn't know that was a thing ?

Yeah, you lose 1000 for every marble lost. But you can only lose up to 20k. Ideally you want to no death the game for highest score.

I finally hit 178k. It would have been 179,550 had I beat the game with 78 seconds left instead of 77. I'm having trouble finishing ultimate with 78 seconds these days.

Fortunately the rest of my game was really strong and with a couple wands.

GRlztjw.jpg

Edited by mbd30
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, mbd30 said:

I finally hit 178k. It would have been 179,550 had I beat the game with 78 seconds left instead of 77. I'm having trouble finishing ultimate with 78 seconds these days.

Fortunately the rest of my game was really strong and with a couple wands.

Nice! What makes the wands come out by the way?

Just now, fakecortex said:

Nice! What makes the wands come out by the way?

The game calculates something based on your controller inputs so they're effectively random. Nobody knows how to make them appear or not appear.

You can get a maximum of three wands per game, one wand per level, and you can't get a wand in the first and last races.

Stage two wand is the most valuable for high score. Stage two wands are pretty common.

If you get a wand on the catapult in aerial it soft locks the game and you have to reset.

• Thanks 1