IGNORED

The Atari Report - 2600 Edition - Episode 5 - Venture Reloaded

BIGHMW

In this episode, mentally disabled musician and entertainer Ray Jackson takes a look at a hack of a 1982 Coleco Release, from Omegamatrix comes the superb Venture Reloaded for the Atari 2600 Video Computer System. Down below is the link to so you can download and try the game for yourself, of course the cartridge will soon also be available from the AtariAge online store as well for you cartridge-heads out there to pick up as well.

#VentureReloaded #Atari2600 #TheAtariReport

Venture Reloaded.bin

• Like 1

This is an absolutely amazing hack!

I love my 2600, but have to admit the original Venture was pretty unimpressive. No music, I swear the sound effects were lifted straight from Bezerk, and most annoyingly for some reason the rooms do not fill in once they are completed. The original 2600 version was still fun, but also seriously lacking in several areas.

This hack recreates the game as faithfully to the arcade version as possible; doing even more then I would have imagined was possible for the 2600.

It is certainly a hack people are going to want to play! It is like a whole new game.

1 hour ago, Omegamatrix said:

Hello Ray,

I watched the Atari Report for Venture Reloaded and thought it was excellent! I'm really glad it brought you such enjoyment. ?

Thank you for doing the Atari Report and I look forward to other games being reviewed. Please keep up the great work!

I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the compliment, maybe this will get me a few more subscribers to all 3 of my YouTube channels (see the "featured channels" section on the right of the homepage). I'm sure you'll enjoy all of my content on those other 2 channels as well.

I feel like "I gotta tell ya" that I enjoyed it also. Thanks for doing these Ray. I think you have a great formula by keeping the videos short, giving us some background information about the game, showing us some game play, and sharing your opinion. I also like your modified World News Tonight intro for each video. Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cvga said:

I feel like "I gotta tell ya" that I enjoyed it also. Thanks for doing these Ray. I think you have a great formula by keeping the videos short, giving us some background information about the game, showing us some game play, and sharing your opinion. I also like your modified World News Tonight intro for each video. Keep up the great work!

Hey thanks! .....and yes I DID somewhat modify (not really, all I did was download) the two variations of Edd Kalehoff's World News Tonight With Peter Jennings theme, then edited them so they would (almost) sound similar, they are right here in the links at the bottom, but other than that I did my own voiceovers on both of them. I'm glad that more and more fans of mine are getting into it, the subscriber rates are starting to go up, on all 3 of my YouTube channels, check out my other two featured channels too, BIGHMW TV, and my personal Ray Jackson YouTube channels as well, I'm sure fans who like my work here will find them just as damn good too. ENJOY!!!

https://www.networknewsmusic.com/world-news-tonight-1998-2000-theme/#

https://www.networknewsmusic.com/world-news-2000-theme/

...and here are both of my other YouTube channels as well!!! 

BIGHMW TV On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/BIGHMWOfficial

Ray Jackson on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/RayJacksonbighmw

Edited by BIGHMW