IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 5 - Pac-man

I guess I had to learn the timing and their tendencies !! No, I'm not expecting at all for this score to hold up .... I'm just proud of myself that I have a non-embarrassing score to input. I knew going in ... I have zero chance for first place. But you guys forced me to play this ... and while kicking-and-screaming ... I do appreciate it ! 

2 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I guess I had to learn the timing and their tendencies !! No, I'm not expecting at all for this score to hold up .... I'm just proud of myself that I have a non-embarrassing score to input. I knew going in ... I have zero chance for first place. But you guys forced me to play this ... and while kicking-and-screaming ... I do appreciate it ! 

There ya go. Now stop complaining!  LOL  ?  

• Haha 1

Highest score I’ve ever gotten on this one. Once you get to the key, the scores really start jumping drastically. Extremely high scores are very possible with this game guys, just focus on clearing boards and getting to the key. Every time you eat the key it adds 10,000 points to your score!  You may be surprised, but you’ll see what I mean. 

AD38362C-CE03-45B0-8BDF-EDDEE9954FB7.jpeg

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Highest score I’ve ever gotten on this one. Once you get to the key, the scores really start jumping drastically. Extremely high scores are very possible with this game guys, just focus on clearing boards and getting to the key. Every time you eat the key it adds 10,000 points to your score!  You may be surprised, but you’ll see what I mean. 

WOWZERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-o:-o:-o

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

LOL .... you’re a funny guy!!! You guys are too much :) :)  LOL !!!!!!!! 

51 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

LOL .... you’re a funny guy!!! You guys are too much :) :)  LOL !!!!!!!! 

LOL!  Funny how, like I'm a clown?  Like I amuse you?

joe pesci goodfellas GIF 

And not even a "nice score" comment or anything, like I gave you?  Just "you guys are too much" is it, huh?  Damn, you're a tough one there Sparty!  ?   I mean, I did tell you your score will probably not hold up.   ?

Seriously, the scores rack up quick.  You'll see.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Funny How??? LOL ... that’s funny !!!

yes... that was my point... I actually thought I was getting good at that game LOL ... 

yes... stupid, crazy amazing score !!! (Obviously) 

Yeah I noticed you get very excited when you post a good score, lol.  But just keep this in mind...there are several other Intellivision veterans here that will probably post big scores too, and as you've seen, even bigger sometimes.  Should make for a fun, competitive season, and that’s what it should be all about.

Edited by IntyFanMatt

I don't own this one and can't get it to work with 'jzintv'.  Screen is just a single color and alternates between purple, green, and white.  Eventually it crashes with an error message "CPU off in the weeds, with some debug info. 

Anyone have any suggestions?  Otherwise I'll have to sit this one out.  Will have Shark! Shark! and Worm Whomper though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gar0u said:

I don't own this one and can't get it to work with 'jzintv'.  Screen is just a single color and alternates between purple, green, and white.  Eventually it crashes with an error message "CPU off in the weeds, with some debug info. 

Anyone have any suggestions?  Otherwise I'll have to sit this one out.  Will have Shark! Shark! and Worm Whomper though.

Maybe mr_me has some suggestions on that, he usually knows these things.  That stinks though. 

Only a few days left in Shark Shark to get your scores in!

10 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

NEW PB !!!!!  BOOOOOYA !!!!

IMG_4664.JPG

So I guess you really weren’t “done” then. ?. All this stuff about needing a break and you’ll be back next week went right out the window. Man you are a roller coaster!! lol.  Good score though. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I was done... but your pep talk inspired me. 

I was waiting for my fish and thought... I’ll try a game or two... and BOOM new high score! 

Ok, I knew you wouldn’t be done anyway, lol.  So starting now, are you taking a break until next week or should we disregard that statement?  ?

12 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

I was done... but your pep talk inspired me. 

I was waiting for my fish and thought... I’ll try a game or two... and BOOM new high score! 

By the way, if you want to reply to someone specifically, just click “Quote” in their comment so it includes their comment in your reply, just like this one above. Then they will get a notification that you replied directly to them. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

10 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

By the way, if you want to reply to someone specifically, just click “Quote” in their comment so it includes their comment in your reply, just like this one above. Then they will get a notification that you replied directly to them. 

Hey! Good tip!! 

Yes, I’ll try at a steady pace. I won’t play game after game like I’ve been doing.... it doesn’t help. 

I’ll try just a few games each night. 

your pep-talk along with that monster game I just had.... no way I’m quitting !!! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Hey! Good tip!! 

Yes, I’ll try at a steady pace. I won’t play game after game like I’ve been doing.... it doesn’t help. 

I’ll try just a few games each night. 

your pep-talk along with that monster game I just had.... no way I’m quitting !!! 

There ya go. Alright sounds good, here’s to more scores!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gar0u said:

If you ask in the main section, more people will see.

If the pacman rom image file is not a .rom and you don't have the corresponding .cfg, it would fail in jzintv.  Just create a .cfg text file with the following text.

[mapping]
$0000 - $2FFF = $5000

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

If you ask in the main section, more people will see.

If the pacman rom image file is not a .rom and you don't have the corresponding .cfg, it would fail in jzintv.  Just create a .cfg text file with the following text.

[mapping]
$0000 - $2FFF = $5000

That’s exactly what I was going to suggest! 

(I’m kidding) :)