IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 5 - Pac-man

This is a great port of Pac-Man. I’ve owned it for a few years and have barely played it. (I  bought it at my local now defunct independent video game store.) The graphics and sound are wonderful. It’s testament to the capabilities of the Intellivision. It would have been mind blowing if I had it BITD. I would have thought I needed a Colecovision or 5200 to achieve this level of quality. Bugertime is great but this is Pac-Man.... One of the most iconic video games of all time. 

Thanks to HSC for getting me to play these games. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Player One said:

This is a great port of Pac-Man. I’ve owned it for a few years and have barely played it. (I  bought it at my local now defunct independent video game store.) The graphics and sound are wonderful. It’s testament to the capabilities of the Intellivision. It would have been mind blowing if I had it BITD. I would have thought I needed a Colecovision or 5200 to achieve this level of quality. Bugertime is great but this is Pac-Man.... One of the most iconic video games of all time. 

Thanks to HSC for getting me to play these games. 

Totally agree, it’s fantastic. Even for being an “Anti Pac-Man”.

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Haha 2

Who would have thought that success would come down discipline in this game more than reflexes.  I'm constantly saying "stick to the plan" to myself and usually failing to do so.  In Anti Pac-Man, you wouldn't go wrong if you never killed a single ghost and I find that remarkably hard to do.  Not meaning the incidental "he was in my way" ones, I mean that I'm still actually chasing them down for a measly 200-600 points and just can't break myself of that habit.  When I die, it's almost always the result of a ghost I shouldn't have killed.  They're just sooooooooooo tasty!  ? 

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Who would have thought that success would come down discipline in this game more than reflexes.  I'm constantly saying "stick to the plan" to myself and usually failing to do so.  In Anti Pac-Man, you wouldn't go wrong if you never killed a single ghost and I find that remarkably hard to do.  Not meaning the incidental "he was in my way" ones, I mean that I'm still actually chasing them down for a measly 200-600 points and just can't break myself of that habit.  When I die, it's almost always the result of a ghost I shouldn't have killed.  They're just sooooooooooo tasty!  ? 

Hahaha!  It’s such a great point. It’s so hard to stay away from them, and only in the right circumstances can you eat them. And because this is the anti-Pac-Man, we can almost never eat all four of them to gain the points we really want.  It’s such a strangely programmed game but I love it!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Hahaha!  It’s such a great point. It’s so hard to stay away from them, and only in the right circumstances can you eat them. And because this is the anti-Pac-Man, we can almost never eat all four of them to gain the points we really want.  It’s such a strangely programmed game but I love it!

image.jpeg

• Haha 5

Pac-man Updates: If any mistakes let me know...

(HIGH SCORES)

Updated to Post #206

1. 603,190 IntyFanMatt

2. 381,660 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN

3. 240,300 Rickster8

4. 180,520 BiffMan

5. 159,620 Ace24

6. 76,470 Player One

7. 41,570 JacobZu7zu7

8. 39,110 hoosierdadee78

9. 38,950 fakecortex

10. 32,890 Intelligentleman

11. 24,000 Mangia-Boy

12. 11,730 Jimmy KDawg

• Thanks 4

So for some reason, I have been a bit obsessed by this version of Pac-Man, and put a lot of time into it recently.  I recorded a video of my last attempt with the game and was able to achieve a very high score.  The pic is below, but I am having trouble getting the video off of my phone and onto my PC.  I am working on that, and will eventually submit the video to both Twin Galaxies and High Score as I believe it is a world record score.  But for now, here is my final entry for this game:

Pac-Man.jpg

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 6

16 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

So for some reason, I have been a bit obsessed by this version of Pac-Man, and put a lot of time into it recently.  I recorded a video of my  last attempt with the game and was able to achieve a very high score.  The pic is below, but I am having trouble getting the video off of my phone and onto my PC.  I am working on that, and will eventually submit the video to both Twin Galaxies and High Score as I believe it is a world record score.  But for now, here is my final entry for this game:

Pac-Man.jpg

Lol you are over a million higher than my best score lol, WOW!!!!! :-o :-o :-o

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

So for some reason, I have been a bit obsessed by this version of Pac-Man, and put a lot of time into it recently.  I recorded a video of my last attempt with the game and was able to achieve a very high score.  The pic is below, but I am having trouble getting the video off of my phone and onto my PC.  I am working on that, and will eventually submit the video to both Twin Galaxies and High Score as I believe it is a world record score.  But for now, here is my final entry for this game:

Pac-Man.jpg

Is this real life?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

My Final 'Anti' Pacman Entry - Yes quite embarrassing after Matt's bombshell. ? Bring on Pitfall because I am thoroughly and unequivocally DONE with trying to avoid these horribly fast and annoying ghosts..... ?

PM(251590)S13.jpg.277932e3066cbf5194ea731a9a6458bb.jpg

• Like 4

Quick update:  Here is my video of my Pac-Man score.  Also, here are the links to my Twin Galaxies and High Score submissions, if interested.  You can vote on my submission if you'd like:  ? 

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/220082-Intellivision-Pac-Man-NTSC-PAL-Default-Settings-1-297-130-Matt-Voigt

http://highscore.com/score/index.php?s=99289

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

[GAME 5]

PAC-MAN! - FINAL RESULTS) WINNER: IntyFanMatt ! (New Record)

1. 1,297,130 IntyFanMatt  13+2 New Record

2. 381,660 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN +12

3. 251,590 Rickster8 +11

-

4. 180,520 BiffMan +9

5. 159,620 Ace24 +8

6. 141,320 Player One +7

7. 53,280 fakecortex +6

8. 41,570 JacobZu7zu7 +5

9. 39,110 hoosierdadee78 +4

10. 32,890 Intelligentleman +3

11. 31,500 roadrunner +2

12. 24,000 Mangia-Boy +1

13. 11,730 Jimmy KDawg +1

Yet another AMAZIN' win for IntyFanMatt. A NEW HSC record set by IntyFanMatt, very impressive Pac-wild world record... !!

LINKS, to vote on his Pac-man game submission

...if you'd like:  ? 

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/220082-Intellivision-Pac-Man-NTSC-PAL-Default-Settings-1-297-130-Matt-Voigt

http://highscore.com/score/index.php?s=99289

Congrats to everyone and all the Pac-maniacs. Great scores here, best ever showing for Pac-man. What would Ms. Pac-man say?! ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3