IGNORED

Faran Thomason Podcast Interview - Loads of Atari and Jaguar Stories! MK3, Bubsy, Mind Ripper, the Tramiels & More!

Adriano Arcade

Faran Thomason Podcast Interview - Loads of Atari and Jaguar Stories! MK3, Bubsy, Mind Ripper, the Tramiels & More!

PODCAST DESCRIPTION: Especially a treat for Atari Jaguar fans, Adrian talks to the producer, QA tester and level designer himself about Bubsy, Baldies Cybermorph and the abandoned Jag version of Mortal Kombat 3 among many other lovely retro gaming stories about all three legendary companies. He also talks about making consoles in China, Black Lives Matter, what the Tramiels were really like and working with the legendary Lance Henriksen. Enjoy!

I also used lots of question ideas from this forum and Faran was kind enough to answer all of them! Please enjoy and share any feedback.

https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/podcast-august-2-2020/

• Like 4

On 8/12/2020 at 10:40 AM, SabertoothRetro said:

@Adriano Arcade This was a really enjoyable interview. Great questions from you and I appreciated Faran's anecdotes and candor. Well done! 

Thanks Sabertooth! Lovely reply. I thought Faran was an amazing guest and shared some top stories. I do appreciate you giving the podcast a listen.

Edited by Adriano Arcade
  • Like 1

Wow! Nice interview, I believe the design documents for Mind Ripper I purchased from Faran many years ago.  It was the design documents and game proposal about an inch thick of material. I no longer have them and believe I sold them with Highlander 2 and 3, Oswald, AC/DC and a bunch of others. There is a slim chance that Willard might still have or might have a copy of Mind Ripper, I’ll check.  One cool thing I had that I sold was a Baldie statue or figurine thing that I think was used to make Baldies or something. Thanks for sharing the interview , Faran is a really cool dude.   
   Also really sad to hear of Lance Lewis passing away. While listening to the interview I remember it was Lance who I’m sure confirmed Highlander 2 and 3 were both completed and no ever released  ,in fact Jason Smith at one time had a Highlander 2 cd but it was unreadable. The more I dig back into the Jaguar scene the more I’m remembering. Fun stuff. 

Edited by BuddyBuddies
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BuddyBuddies said:

Wow! Nice interview, I believe the design documents for Mind Ripper I purchased from Faran many years ago.  It was the design documents and game proposal about an inch thick of material. I no longer have them and believe I sold them with Highlander 2 and 3, Oswald, AC/DC and a bunch of others. There is a slim chance that Willard might still have or might have a copy of Mind Ripper, I’ll check.  One cool thing I had that I sold was a Baldie statue or figurine thing that I think was used to make Baldies or something. Thanks for sharing the interview , Faran is a really cool dude.   
   Also really sad to hear of Lance Lewis passing away. While listening to the interview I remember it was Lance who I’m sure confirmed Highlander 2 and 3 were both completed and no ever released  ,in fact Jason Smith at one time had a Highlander 2 cd but it was unreadable. The more I dig back into the Jaguar scene the more I’m remembering. Fun stuff. 

I figured someone here must have the Mindripper stuff...I thought I had digital copies of stuff...but I was wrong :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adriano Arcade said:

Sorry, I just couldn't fit in every question. I can ask Faran via email if you like and reply on this thread if / when he replies?

I would appreciate that.  I think it is a fair chance that he does not know, but he did say he is still friends with the programmer.  Maybe he could forward it on if he cannot answer it.

• Like 2

On 8/16/2020 at 10:24 PM, jeremiahjt said:

I would appreciate that.  I think it is a fair chance that he does not know, but he did say he is still friends with the programmer.  Maybe he could forward it on if he cannot answer it.

Hi Jeremiha, I asked Faran your question and here is his response:

Don't recall off hand but I'm sure things got cut due to scheduling...much like the framerate in super cross

Kind regards, Adrian.

On 8/19/2020 at 9:08 AM, Adriano Arcade said:

Hi Jeremiha, I asked Faran your question and here is his response:

Don't recall off hand but I'm sure things got cut due to scheduling...much like the framerate in super cross

Kind regards, Adrian.

That figures. Thanks for trying.