IGNORED

rs232 card for the Adam?

rietveld

Get lucky that a working Serial Interface is offered up for sale somewhere.

Convert an AdamLink 300 baud modern to a Serial Interface. Documentation is available on how to do so.

Wait for someone like MrPix to complete and release his Expansion Kit for the Adam.

Make on yourself from all the documentation and schematics released by Micro Innovations for their Dual Serial, MIB2 and MIB3 interface cards.

57 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Get lucky that a working Serial Interface is offered up for sale somewhere.

Convert an AdamLink 300 baud modern to a Serial Interface. Documentation is available on how to do so.

Wait for someone like MrPix to complete and release his Expansion Kit for the Adam.

Make on yourself from all the documentation and schematics released by Micro Innovations for their Dual Serial, MIB2 and MIB3 interface cards.

i am not a hardware guy so i hopoe someone who has one for sale will see this post.   i have a modem but cant use it since my ide card is in slot 1

Welcome to the club.

I have been looking for an ADAM serial card for months with absolutely no luck! I have posted all over and even messaged people privately but... nada. I bought a WiModem232 a while back figuring that I would eventually come across an MIB card so I could use it. Little did I know just how scarce those cards would be!! 

The most frustrating thing is that it seems like I just missed the window of availability. Based on the many threads and posts I've scoured over this time there seemed to be (some) cards available as late as 2018 but I didn't pull my ADAM out of storage until 2019. I do have an ADAMLink modem but I don't have the hardware skills to convert it so I'm in the same boat as you.

Seeing as all the tech documentation is available concerning the Micro Innovations lineup of Serial Cards, perhaps the best option would be to put out request for help/contract someone to produce some MIB3 cards.

i would actually prefer the slot #1 Dual Serial card, but then the IDE card would have to be removed or constantly swapped back and forth depending on what I was doing. So the MIB3 is the best option since it also supplies a Parallel interface, Memory Addressor for large MEs and a Boot Prom socket along with the 2 Serial ports.

i am positive that there would be a surprising number of people that would get on board and that would help to keep costs reasonable.

I'm working on it, have been for a few months. However, I have a lot on my plate right now with the production of KitBox and the design of an internal mod that gives a CV the TMS-RGB functionality, plus everything else a person would normally do you update their CV. I also have the day job, and that's seen an uptick recently.

Just be patient a little while longer - it's coming.

• Like 2