IGNORED

PICS of Activision promotional items

JayAre

2 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

I’ve seen a few on eBay from time to time, but never been able to snag one.  I don’t recall what they sold for. 

I have this this one to go with my key chain

IMG_4416.thumb.JPG.9123b3af2077f957abd49227babe89ac.JPG...

I also have a couple of others that I could share if people want to see them

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Shawn said:

How much do those pucks sell for? Anyone know of one for sale?

Shawn, I bought one in July of last year for $20 on eBay.  I've seen a few of these for sale, and they've all sold in that price range.  Next time I see one come up for sale, I'll be sure to let you know.

OK, on to some Robot Tank stuff.  First off is the promotional poster for the game.  You would get the poster (for free; just paying $0.86 for postage & handling) by sending in an order card that came in specially marked boxes of the game.  Attached are pics of the poster, game box and order card.  I'm also attaching a picture of the Robot Tank promotional postcard, which also makes reference to the poster.

Read the postcard, guys; it's pretty funny.

Poster

DSC00168.thumb.JPG.150281620e59bdd9eb7b489d8f92dd62.JPG

Game box

rt20001.thumb.jpg.716db75153698f5d6c4366a2093d6290.jpg

Order card

rt10001.thumb.jpg.031aad493703a1b37c540ac328a8a536.jpg

Postcard (front)

rt30001.thumb.jpg.b6d55cb6c1b650664e066b250d6beb8d.jpg

Postcard (back)

rt40001.thumb.jpg.34852f77348c72a5da110cedb35b8a4c.jpg

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, JayAre said:

SPIDER FIGHTER promo ribbon.  On the back, there's a strip of paper that you remove to reveal some adhesive.  I'm not sure what you would stick this to.  Maybe your desk, or the wall.  Any ideas?

DSC00169.thumb.JPG.58ae8f128c15cfc396d55b814ae13d94.JPG

My guess would be to stick it on your shirt.  Man, Activision really went all out with promo items! Lovin' it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

You will likely never see another.

IMG-8137.jpg

This is far and away my favourite piece so far -- I love printed ephemera (catalogues, advertising items, etc.). Given that this relates to a specific (non-public) event makes it even more interesting. Thank-you for sharing!

• Like 1

Here's an odd one.  A MEGAMANIA "self-illuminating" light pen.  The plastic tip on the pen lights up.  I'm not sure what the purpose of the pen's light was, especially considering that the light isn't very strong.  To be able to write in the dark?  Kind of strange, but, oh well.  I've seen identical pens with other companies' names on it, so Activision wasn't the only one to order this pen.  As seen in the first picture, it came with an instruction booklet and two ink refills.  I've posted additional pics of the pen in different "stages of assembly".  It operates on two AAA batteries, which are inserted into the barrel.  And there's a slide switch to turn on the light.  In the last picture, you'll see the pen with the light on.

DSC00176.thumb.JPG.8fc45db4a3767c1f85b214d39e169045.JPG

DSC00177.thumb.JPG.ade2a46f9b01db612fce9683b59038f1.JPG

DSC00178.thumb.JPG.69db8d947ae00c0b91c717fff7eabd15.JPG

DSC00179.thumb.JPG.096822b71e96ed33ff72c521b3e6ab6a.JPG

DSC00175.thumb.JPG.95edb27847cab9049053fb620fafe037.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cvga said:

That's so cool. How many different jackets did they make? Would be awesome to have a pic of them all together!

CVGA, I've seen a total of 5 Activision jackets.  There are the four from my collection that I posted in this thread (i.e. Grand Prix, Tennis, Decathlon & Barnstorming).  Plus the safari jacket that was issued in conjunction with the Pitfall Party (Rumble in the Jungle).  That one I don't have; I found a pic online & posted it earlier in this thread.

You mentioned about having a picture of them all together.  I can do that with the four that I have, if you'd like.  Let me know how I should take the picture.  I can maybe stack them on top of each other, exposing half the jacket, so they're all visible.  Or I can take a full shot of all of them together, although I'll have to take it from far away, and they might come out too small.  Well, you let me know how you'd like the pic, and I'll do it.  Thanks.

Edited by JayAre
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayAre said:

CVGA, I've seen a total of 5 Activision jackets.  There are the four that I posted in this thread (i.e. Grand Prix, Tennis, Decathlon & Barnstorming).  Plus the safari jacket that was issued in conjunction with the Pitfall Party (Rumble in the Jungle).  That one I don't have; I found a pic online & posted it earlier in this thread.

You mentioned about having a picture of them all together.  I can do that with the four that I have, if you'd like.  Let me know how I should take the picture.  I can maybe stack them on top of each other, exposing half the jacket, so they're all visible.  Or I can take a full shot of all of them together, although I'll have to take it from far away, and they might come out too small.  Well, you let me know how you'd like the pic, and I'll do it.  Thanks.

If you need a handsome male model, you can send the jackets my way.  ?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JayAre said:

Let me know how I should take the picture.  I can maybe stack them on top of each other, exposing half the jacket, so they're all visible.

I really like that idea. It would keep the picture more visible. I went back and took a look at all of the jackets again and it appears that the writing (ribbon for decathlon) is always on the left side (from the wearer's perspective) so I think the fanned stack would work very well.

Thank you for doing that! This thread just keeps getting better and better!

• Like 1