IGNORED

Chicago 2020 Fair

9640News

Are you planning on going to the 2020 Chicago Fair at the Evanston Library?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you planning on going to the 2020 Chicago Fair at the Evanston Library?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, and I can present a demonstration.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Trying to gauge individual interest in the Chicago 2020 fair this year with the pandemic issues we are all experiencing.  If you are going, please post a note where you may be staying as Allen indicated he would not be organizing a Friday evening gathering.

If you were planning on demonstrating something, please post what the subject content may be.

Thanks.

Edited by BeeryMiller

I'm asking the above poll to get a feel how many die-hard TI'ers are still going to show up this year as there were some postings in the last 2 weeks where a couple of people indicated the health risk was too high for them personally.

Between "quarantines", individuals with personal health issues,  and international travel restrictions, trying to gauge whether to personally commit to a demonstration myself.

Beery

3 minutes ago, RXB said:

Can we use ZOOM from Home?

That is beyond me to answer.  I know in past years they have streamed the event, but I do not know what tool(s) they use.

Myself,  I always enjoy the camaraderie meeting everyone and getting away from home for a couple of days and look forward to the trip.  It also gives me the opportunity to pick up a few items that others are selling.

Beery

• 4 weeks later...

The Chicago TI User Group just received word from the Evanston Public Library that the space in which the Chicago TI International World Faire is ordinarily held will be unavailable until next year. We had reserved the room almost one year ago, but due to COVID 19, all activities at the Library are now cancelled. We are, therefore exploring the idea of having a virtual Faire this year. We would like to assess the interest in such an event, and further, who would be interested in presenting a seminar, either with a video, or possibly live, albeit remotely. I would appreciate a response in private mail to hals12 @hotmail.com as soon as possible. The date for the virtual Faire remains as previously published, October 24, 2020.  —Hal Shanafield, CTIUG Faire Chairman

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2020 at 12:37 AM, KB9ZQT said:

The Chicago TI User Group just received word from the Evanston Public Library that the space in which the Chicago TI International World Faire is ordinarily held will be unavailable until next year. We had reserved the room almost one year ago, but due to COVID 19, all activities at the Library are now cancelled. We are, therefore exploring the idea of having a virtual Faire this year. We would like to assess the interest in such an event, and further, who would be interested in presenting a seminar, either with a video, or possibly live, albeit remotely. I would appreciate a response in private mail to hals12 @hotmail.com as soon as possible. The date for the virtual Faire remains as previously published, October 24, 2020.  —Hal Shanafield, CTIUG Faire Chairman

All fine. But this private mail stuff. Why all the secrecy ? Control ? Isn't it a thing of the past ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, sometimes99er said:

All fine. But this private mail stuff. Why all the secrecy ? Control ? Isn't it a thing of the past ?

I think it's easier to manage attendance via private email instead of having to scan a long thread on AA interspersed with random comments. Let's leave conspiracy theories alone, shall we? :lol:

It is easier to manage. Hal (my dad) does not have an Atariage account, so I have been posting for him to try to help put together a virtual Faire for the group this year. He would like anyone that would like to present something to email him so he can put the presenter schedule together. We will post details on how to attend at a later date. --John

• Like 6

14 hours ago, KB9ZQT said:

It is easier to manage. Hal (my dad) does not have an Atariage account, so I have been posting for him to try to help put together a virtual Faire for the group this year. He would like anyone that would like to present something to email him so he can put the presenter schedule together. We will post details on how to attend at a later date. --John

Opry99er once try and help, but was left out in the cold. So yes, it does indeed seem to be about control. Democracy vs. control. I know what's the easier option. ;) 

2 hours ago, sometimes99er said:

image.thumb.png.7e5414c428b3b3a9c3ec13c9aa854054.png

Is it clear or it is unclear ? :lol:

That was traveling to the fair and then presenting.  Not the same thing.

I can present, but it is really going to boil down to what is presented based upon whether we use Zoom or not.

Beery

• 3 weeks later...

Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic the Chicago TI User Group has decided that the Chicago TI International World Faire will be held online this year, rather than in person. Accordingly, we are now soliciting presentations in video form, to be presented at the virtual Faire. At this time we would like to ascertain what interest this is in the TI community. Anyone who has the desire to produce a video on a TI topic should send a private message to hals12@hotmail.com in the next few days indicating the nature of the presentation, and we will get in touch with you with the details we require. Thanks in advance. —The Faire committee