Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan Randall

I think i found my replacement for the 4-switch 2600

Recommended Posts

Got these at a consignment shop today. With 9 games and a controller for $35 

 

Was unsure what the Tele-games console even was. But it was cheap enough. I may RGB mod it

20200811_164915.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Telegames one is a great find!

I am certainly no expert, but do believe the Telegames console is a Sears heavy sixer? Which certainly increases its desirability.

Even if it is not, they do just look nice :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2020 at 11:59 PM, Tavi said:

but do believe the Telegames console is a Sears heavy sixer?

Agreed.

 

Great find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on your finds. $35 is great price for both consoles. The games are a bonus.  Btw, the casing around that Tele-Games does look thick enough for it to be a Heavy. I think both Heavy Sixer models look beautiful.

Atari H6.jpg

 

SEARS H6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Congrats on your finds. $35 is great price for both consoles. The games are a bonus.  Btw, the casing around that Tele-Games does look thick enough for it to be a Heavy. I think both Heavy Sixer models look beautiful.

Atari H6.jpg

 

SEARS H6.jpg

Pretty sure you are correct. The plastic on the edges of the Tele-games unit would indicate it is an H-6. BTW @sramirez2008 I still need one of those hard cases for either my Atari or Sears H-6 consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@-^CrossBow^- I purchased that in 2010. The H-6 consoles don’t fit that well (too curves) in the case, but the L-6 drop right in.
I have my Sunnyvale L-6 in it, pair of CX10s, H6 paddles and the original 9 launch titles (text numbered carts)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

@-^CrossBow^- I purchased that in 2010. The H-6 consoles don’t fit that well (too curves) in the case, but the L-6 drop right in.
I have my Sunnyvale L-6 in it, pair of CX10s, H6 paddles and the original 9 launch titles (text numbered carts)

Good to know and it kinda makes sense as I believe these cases originally released in the Silver label era styling which, is when the 4 switch units were the main release variant of the 2600.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup .. the Sears Video Arcade heavy sixer is what we got back in fall of 1977.  I had to convince Dad that it was indeed the Atari.  He verified by asking the sporting sales clerk if it was made by Atari.  Purchase made over Mom’s objection!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...