IGNORED

**FOUND** 19" CRT TV or Monitor...specific requirements needed/wanted

doubledown

So yes, as the title states I am looking for a good/working 19" CRT TV or Monitor...but I have some requirements, so simply any old 19" CRT won't do.  

First and foremost, I am specifically looking for a 19" screen...20" can also work, but no 24", no 27" and so on, and so forth.  

Secondly, I am looking for a bi-directional curved screen, meaning that it's curved vertical and horizontally...which automatically eliminates all Trinitrons (flat vertically), FD Trinitrons / WEGAs (flat vertically and horizontally), and any other brands' models using names like TruFlat, X-Flat...or the likes.  

Thirdly it has to have at least 1 S-VHS (S-Video, Y/C) input.  

*For added wish-list features, I would love it, if it also had:

- at least 1 set of component video inputs, (which are not shared with the S-VHS input)

- external speaker output terminals (usually the little black and red spring loaded terminals, whereas the audio amplifier is built into the TV to power external speakers)

- variable and/or fixed audio output jacks (usually 1 or more set(s) of red/white RCA/phono jacks for connecting to an external audio amplifier)

- included/functioning/working remote control (again a bonus...no biggie)

And lastly, and very importantly, not 1000 miles away from Toledo, OH, 43612 USA.  Realistically I would probably be willing to travel say 100-120ish miles each way for pick up, or if you have such an item, and are extremely confident and willing to ship the TV/monitor...we can discuss.  

I've been on the hunt on ebay and Craigslist for a while now, but any of the few that I've found that fit the bill with my "minimum requirements", and/or ones that also have some of my "wish-list items", either end up being 500+ miles away and they're not willing to ship (which I don't blame them), or they are listed as "GREAT FOR RETRO GAMING" and have prices of $300+ dollars.  Don't get me wrong I'm willing to pay for such an item, but I can't justify anything near $300+ for what I'm looking for.  

Additionally the "condition" of the TV's cosmetic housing is not that important to me.  So if you have one that fits the bill, but has a crack in the plastic, or a couple of screw holes where an antenna was mounted directly to the top of it...so long as it doesn't affect the function of the device...no big deal.  

So if you think you got something that matches the description of what I'm looking for, let me know.  If you're not sure about all of it's features/options, if you can let me know the make/model...most of the info can be found online, whereas I would be able to look it up, to see if it would suit my needs or not.  

Please...help me, help you, get this old 19" CRT out of your way!  Thanks in advance.  

Edited by doubledown

Nice to see another Toledoan here! I’ve seen quite a few CRTs at garage sales lately, but your needs are quite specific. Have you tried the app LetGo or OfferUp? I’ve had luck by trying searches like “old tv” or “old monitor” and not using any of the Craigslist big money trigger words. atariage_icon_smile.gif

Unfortunately people don’t usually post specifics, so you’ll need to contact them. This one looks promising tho despite the poor photo:

https://letgo.onelink.me/O2PG/b694fe90

It really seems like people loved 27” sets back in the day. I remember blowing my entire tax return on the Panasonic I have since it had component and would fit perfectly in my entertainment center. At the time I was bummed it wasn’t a flat screen, but in hindsight I’m glad it doesn’t have one.

It always seems like you stumble upon these when you’re not looking for them too. I’ve got a few spares so I have resisted looking too closely lately. But I’ll definitely keep an eye out for you. Good luck!

Looking at your link that TV appears to be a flat tube, not curved as I am looking for, but I did look through that site, and like you said its hard to tell...from the listings.  Nobody lists any specifics...as most of the stuff on letgo appears to be being sold for "cheap" so they apparently can't be bothered typing in any info.  Or nobody knows that TVs are different, and have different features.  It's the same problem with people selling on ebay.  There are tons of filters for features & options in Electronics/TVs on ebay, but nobody selects anything so you literally have to look at every listing (to not miss something), and even then...hope that one, of the 1 or 2 pictures in the listing, actually shows the back of the TV where the jacks are, to see if it has S-Video and/or Component Video inputs or not.  Of course any of the few listings with proper details, and/or a good bunch of pictures, are of course the ones where the seller needs/wants $300-$500 for this "magic" tv that they are selling.  I'll keep up with the hunt...and I'm sure I'll find something eventually.

Long live the "419"

Anything above 100$ for a CRT TV is a scalping-with-a-blunt-knife price. It took them some time but they've finally wised up to the trend, unfortunately.

I wish you good luck, but with requirements that detailed you might be in for a long one. Maybe not because they're so hard to find but the older (and so non-flat) units tend to have serious flaws, so unless you're handy with CRT innards-tweaking they would possibly be useless for gaming.

If you haven't already I would post a Wanted ad myself, it has worked for me in the past. Also posting on system11.org and r/crtgaming could be a good idea.

You would think with only 3 "requirements"...19", curved, s-video...it wouldn't be so hard, but of the 10-20 or so that I've found that fit this bill, its always is a problem with their ridiculous asking price, and/or distance.  I can definitely do minor repairs for screen adjustments (image rotated slightly, weird color blur in the corner), so I'm not too worried about that minor little stuff.  I'll get one eventually...I'm sure.