IGNORED

Rudy J. Ferretti (rjchamp3) Murder-Suicide

Albert

It would appear that Rudy J. Ferretti (rjchamp3 here on AtariAge) has murdered his ex-girlfriend and then took his own life:

https://whdh.com/news/authorities-investigating-apparent-murder-suicide-in-dover-nh/

After seeing this, I verified that Rudy's IP address matched Dover, New Hampshire (as well as some other New Hampshire locations, presumably close by), and then found this photo on his Facebook page:

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 6.09.07 PM.png

Notice the comment, "hi Amy"..  Amy Molter is the name of the woman who was killed.  I then found this on someone else's page:

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 6.13.32 PM.png

There are other pictures of her as well, and looks like it's the same Amy from Rudy's photo (which seems to be from March of this year). 

Rudy was a member of AtariAge for some time, until I finally banned him on April 21st of this year due to his behavior in this thread (although he was long asking to be banned):

Always sad to see someone take their own life, and even more so that he had to take someone else's life as well. 

..Al

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 20

Rudy definitely had some serious mental issues which could be clearly seen not only here but on his YouTube and pretty much anywhere he commented or posted. While I would in no way be surprised if this does indeed turn out to be true, it is still sad and tragic, worse still how it affects those around him and that it would drive him to take the life of another as well as his own. ??

• Like 7

Rudy had some incredible issues and he was constantly harassing and cyber bullying folks on websites he made and on YouTube in years past when he was still active in his high score world record days.  I think I banned him on DP years ago for his constant attacks on folks.

A little bit of quick sleuthing pulled up this.  I think it's pretty safe to conclude it's the same Rudy.

https://whdh.com/news/authorities-investigating-apparent-murder-suicide-in-dover-nh/

I feel incredible sadness for the families of both Amy and Rudy.

Edited by PapaStu
  • Like 1

Just now, PapaStu said:

Rudy had some incredible issues and he was constantly harassing and cyber bullying folks on websites he made and on YouTube in years past when he was still active in his high score world record days.  I think I banned him on DP years ago for his constant attacks on folks.

Yeah, he was banned from many websites and Facebook groups for his behavior.  Realistically he should have been banned from here years ago.  He even made a thread against CPUWIZ some time ago, I need to see if I can find it.

Just now, PapaStu said:

A little bit of quick sleuthing pulled up this.  I think it's pretty safe to conclude it's the same Rudy.

That's the same link in my post at the top of this thread.

..Al

Just now, Albert said:

Yeah, he was banned from many websites and Facebook groups for his behavior.  Realistically he should have been banned from here years ago.  He even made a thread against CPUWIZ some time ago, I need to see if I can find it.

That's the same link in my post at the top of this thread.

..Al

And I somehow glazed over your link completely.  It's been not a good week.  >_<

Just now, PapaStu said:

And I somehow glazed over your link completely.  It's been not a good week.  >_<

That's okay, I clicked the link and thought, "Hmm, this looks familiar!"  I found a bunch of stories, but they are all pretty much the same at this point since there's not much public information at this time.

..Al

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Albert said:

That's okay, I clicked the link and thought, "Hmm, this looks familiar!"  I found a bunch of stories, but they are all pretty much the same at this point since there's not much public information at this time.

..Al

Tragic to say the least. My condolences to the girlfriend and Rudy's family that have to deal with this tragedy for the rest of their lives. . 

Anthony..

In the one time I encountered him on this forum, I just dismissed him as a narcissistic asshat who just so happened to be good at games.

It turns out he had a lot more demons in his head than I thought. I hope his girlfriend rests easy, and I hope both of their families are able to heal from this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

his Twin Galaxies meltdown was far nastier than here.  i dislike having his behavior blamed on mental illness, because it was more than that, he was plain nasty.

Can you link it? I need to see it.

5 minutes ago, Magmavision2000 said:

Entire blog devoted to his anger with Patrick Scott Paterson 2013

http://rudyferretti.blogspot.com/

Restricted on the TG forum for various infractions 2015

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/143677-Rudy-ferretti-forum-restriction

Harassing this lady Cat DeSpira online 2016

https://retrobitch.wordpress.com/2016/11/30/radical-felines-when-harassment-becomes-a-game/

Banned from TG for FOUR years 2018

http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/forums/index.php?topic=7046.0

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Magmavision2000 said:

What I can tell you is back in 2018, I did a check on him why he got banned from Twin Galaxies. 

This was twin galaxies explanation on his ban.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/twin-galaxies/wall/3256/twin-galaxies-moderation

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You all realize this is the sick kind of attention Rudy thrived on right? It saddens me to see this is even a topic here on the forum.  Giving him any sort of attention at all after he committed murder compounded by her death leaving children without a mother, makes my guts turn. Best thing would be to ignore he ever existed. Now that he's also cowardly removed himself from the equation the world is a better, safer place for all. While my post is here is also not helping anything, It's my hope that the whole thread is deleted and any mention of this sick fuck is forbidden here on out. 

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

While my post is here is also not helping anything, It's my hope that the whole thread is deleted and any mention of this sick fuck is forbidden here on out. 

Then why did you feel the need to post this?  If it's not interesting to you, move on.  I will not be deleting the thread.  Rudy obviously isn't going to be deriving any satisfaction from watching us talk about him here, and I certainly feel people are entitled to know what happened.

..Al

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

It’s fucked. He harassed me for a while when I broke when of his records, and I know he was far worse to Cat and numerous other women in the gaming space. Him making a homebrew game about killing these women he didn’t like sure takes on an even darker tone with this, and really makes me concerned how close he came to murdering people I know and care about.

What an awful person.

• Like 2

I didn't read all of Cat DeSpira's blog, but I did find this eerie  sentence:

This man is troubled. This man is a revenge stalker. He could be dangerous.

Edited by Magmavision2000
Spelling error AND Formatting error

9 minutes ago, ubersaurus said:

It’s fucked. He harassed me for a while when I broke when of his records, and I know he was far worse to Cat and numerous other women in the gaming space. Him making a homebrew game about killing these women he didn’t like sure takes on an even darker tone with this, and really makes me concerned how close he came to murdering people I know and care about.

What an awful person.

Wait what??! Yeah those are some huge red flags.. wow.

1 hour ago, Albert said:

Then why did you feel the need to post this?  If it's not interesting to you, move on.  I will not be deleting the thread.  Rudy obviously isn't going to be deriving any satisfaction from watching us talk about him here, and I certainly feel people are entitled to know what happened.

..Al

It was how I felt at the time while seeing and processing the whole thing. Perhaps I could have ignored it as you mentioned and not share my take on it all if I was doing so while considering it could be removed taking the post I shared away with it. I understand it's "news worthy" and here to stay.  It's just so awful all around. Those poor kids. I hope there is someone who will be able to care for them and give them a good upbringing and a provide for them adequately. That is the least I hope for them seeing as they will be doing so without a mother.

Honestly I'm not surprised one bit that he did this to that poor woman. The guy was a deranged coward. What I would be surprised to find out would be if he had not shown a real life pattern of behavior that led up to this in addition to the lunacy he brought to all his online interactions.