IGNORED

Rudy J. Ferretti (rjchamp3) Murder-Suicide

Albert

@VectorGamer The comments are really substantial.  I really can't believe how many had awful experiences with this guy.  co-workers who recounted how he was fired, so many people he harassed or stalked, etc.  There's also a cousin and his sister who commented about his extensive mental illness.  He was treated many times, but wouldn't stay on the meds, etc.  Later on, members of the largely putrid video game high score community (Twin Galaxies) then start bickering.  That community is just nothing but immature and vitriolic.

• Sad 1

Good evening:

This is a story featured in Wired about misoginy in the retro gaming scene; putting Rudy Ferretti at the center of a decade long savage stalking, harrasment, defamation campaign of fellow gamers specially women.

But behind these actions there were people that used Ferretti for their own agendas.

https://www.wired.com/story/retro-gaming-violent-tragedy-rudy-ferretti/#intcid=_wired-homepage-right-rail_e178d6a1-8c29-4d5b-8895-0d3cfe92a6ab_popular4-1

Thank you so much for all your words about Rudy (yes, this is true).  Amy was my best friend of 33 years.  To see he was a genuine piece of shit warms my broken heart and my lost soul.  I'm not being sarcastic, I am grieving.  And all of you have helped more than you know by finally putting a smile on my face for a brief moment.

Thank you so much for all your honest words.  Amy was my best friend of 33 years and I'm crushed.  I kept trying to get her away from him but she always saw the best in people.  I went online to find where he will be buried so I can spit on his grave but all your words have made me feel better.  I loved Amy because she had a beautiful soul but I have a cynical one.  This really isn't a joke.  I honestly appreciate, and will remember these words, when I go bury my best friend on Monday.

• Like 2

Hmmpf.. well.. this guy had that aura of ineffectiveness about him. Arrested development. Needed to NOT focus so much on what people think (of him) and videogame scores (which are meaningless).

As far as twin galaxies goes. Pfftt.. Another circus shitshow.

And that $5,000 gaming computer he wanted to get? Mmm. Well let me let you all in on a little secret - a 5K computer doesn't make you a better player. You are what you are. And a kid is likely to kick an older fart. So. Yeh.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could say I'm surprised. A good friend of mine was harassed by this guy for years. If I had a dollar for every red flag he displayed over the years, I could buy a new game console. He had a major personality disorder of some kind and was very, very unstable (and very scary to my friend).

I'm so sorry for the family of the murdered woman. They had to know, as my friend did, that this guy was really bad news. 

Sad.  I've heard stories over the years about this guy being a wingnut and witnessed some of his trash-talking and flame war escapades here on the forums but I never paid much attention to him and didn't realize he was dangerous.  Never had any direct interactions with him and I suppose I should consider myself fortunate in that regard.

You know, this is just like the time I bought some garlic mayonnaise. It seemed like it might be good on a sandwich, but when I opened it, it stunk to high heaven, so I put it in the back of the refrigerator. Every time I opened my fridge, I’d see it there and wonder if I should throw it out, but I’d decide, “Nah, it still hasn’t reached the expiration date,” or “Nah, I’m sure I’ll have an appetite for it eventually,” or “Nah, I just hate to waste food.”

Well, a few months went by, and the mayo spoiled. I kept making excuses not to throw it out, but it wasn’t because I really wanted it... I was being lazy, and I didn’t think it mattered all that much. Pretty soon the entire fridge smelled like garlic and rotten eggs. I finally did something when the mayonnaise rolled off the shelf and knocked a perfectly good jar of maraschino cherries onto the floor. They were so sweet, and now they’re gone! Senseless.

Even after I threw the mayo out, everything else in the fridge has a nasty garlic aftertaste. I guess it was in there for so long that all the other food soaked up a little of that vile flavor. Also, I think the pickles got mad and ran off to join a furry site, or something. I totally screwed up... I really should have done something about this when I had the chance.

• Confused 2

• 2 years later...

so years ago I used to put TV on while waking up/falling asleep. Since only a few channels came in on my tiny TV, it was mostly garbage I forgot about as soon as I turned it off. Recently I was reminded of that and googled a couple like America's Court with Judge Ross. I can't believe what I stumbled onto:

image.png.33de4e6192620da76370173d09542d89.png

Rudy using an alias... Marcus Elick.

As I understand, the people/feuds in these Judge Judy-inspired court dramas are real unlike "reality TV," just edited for time + to maximize drama. Each side gets paid a small appearance fee, then the winner's judgement is subtracted from the loser's pay. Neither side gets paid much so motivations are generally ego and/or stupidity...

Here's the episode (~9 minutes)

As usual, Rudy makes a fool of himself & gets banned.

(sorry to bump such a shitty topic, I'm just shocked how "crap TV shows I woke up to" lead to this)

• Like 1