IGNORED

Intellivision Baseball League 2020 Tournament

tacrec

It's artificial crowd noise as always! ?

A great first game!  It was tight for 6 innings until the Upmonsters scored a run in the 7th.

The Smash tied it 1-1 in the 8th.

Both teams battled it out until the Upmonsters got a walk-off single in the 14th to win 2-1.  

They advance to Round 2 to play the winner of the Beamriders/Mutants game.

Edited by tacrec

A LIGHTS OUT defensive game today!  Barely any runner got on third base for 10 innings, until the Armada defense crumbled allowing the Bombers to win 1-0 on a walk-off single in the 11th.  They will play the winner of the Deadly Dogs/Spartans game in Round 2.

Edited by tacrec
  • Like 1

The Mutants took a 1-0 lead in the 5th inning, then the Beamriders crushed a home run to take the lead 2-1 in the 6th.  They hold on to win and will play the Upmonsters in Round 2 next Tuesday.

Tomorrow's game will be around noon PT.

Edited by tacrec

The Deadly Dogs scored a run in the 5th.

The Spartans crushed an opposite field home run to tie it 1-1 in the 7th.

However, some sloppy Spartans defense led to a run for the Dogs in the 9th. They win 2-1 and will play the Bombers next week. Game time TBA.

Edited by tacrec
  • Like 1

It was a tough defensive game for 8 innings, then the Deadly Dogs scored a run in the top of the 9th.

River Raiders JUST MISSED a game tying home run in the bottom of the 9th but fell short.

Deadly Dogs are Battle Network champions! They play the Beamriders in the championship series next week.

Btw, the road team wins again, 6th in a row.  

Edited by tacrec
  • Like 1

The Beamriders are once again IBL champions!  They burn the Deadly Dogs 6-1, setting a new postseason record for runs in a game. 

This is their 3rd league championship. 

brchamps20.thumb.jpg.fb7364cc98944788256b72c5db010ca4.jpg

It was not the season I wanted to have, but at least a champion is crowned for this year.  Sorry for the schedule being so all over the place, I thought I was going to be able to stick to a set time range, but it didn't work out.  I'm not sure what is going to happen next year as far as the league goes, I'll do what I can.

Edited by tacrec
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Presenting the first IBL BOX SCORE!

http://intybaseball.c1.biz/cs20_1.txt

It's for game 1 of the 2020 championship series.  Since there are no batter names in the game, I had to go by position and position number.

It's my first box score so there might be errors, but it's all good from what I see.  

Game 2 box score is coming soon.

• Like 1