IGNORED

CP/M 2.2 via TIPI

gferluga

Well, having the ability to telnet from the TI-99 console into the Linux PI partition, open us a world of opportunities...

I always dream to have a CP/M PEB card, but they are very hard to find.

So why not using TIPI with a CP/M emulator?

Unfortunatly I don't have a F18A VGA card, so the look is not so nice, but you get the feeling, running dBase II or WordStar.

To do that just telnet to your TIPI:

- In a folder you have permissions type: git clone https://github.com/jhallen/cpm.git

- Enter the cpm folder: cd cpm

- Compile the programs: make

- Run CP/M from your TI-99 console: ./cpm

More details about the CP/M emulator under https://github.com/jhallen/cpm

Optional you can download and install the cpmtools that allow you to list, read and write CP/M disk images:

sudo apt update

sudo apt install cpmtools

Have fun...

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-14 at 19.15.46.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-14 at 19.15.58.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-14 at 19.16.25.jpeg

• Like 11

I wonder what the screen looks like with a 9938 screen????  Are you using Matt's Telnet client?  If so, my MDOS Telnet client (MyTerm) will likely be sufficient if everything is contained within 80 columns.  I know there is some PI apps that use more than 80 columns that won't work.

Beery

If you have the capability, can you telnet in with a Windows Telnet client and report back the results?  Curious if you have Dbase II or WordStar installed whether they will display correctly, etc.  If they don't, then unlikely the F18A or a 9938 will display anything other than the basic level of scrolling text.

Beery

I tried this when I first tested my Telnet program ... well, maybe not this particular CPM emulator, but one of the ones available... Seems like it would be cool to write a real CPM terminal, if you wanted to really use CPM... My Telnet client even on an F18A in 80 columns, doesn't work correctly with many CPM programs... CPM programs make assumptions about terminal size usually.

11 hours ago, jedimatt42 said:

I tried this when I first tested my Telnet program ... well, maybe not this particular CPM emulator, but one of the ones available... Seems like it would be cool to write a real CPM terminal, if you wanted to really use CPM... My Telnet client even on an F18A in 80 columns, doesn't work correctly with many CPM programs... CPM programs make assumptions about terminal size usually.

That would be cool indeed. I'm one of those people who still use CP/M on a fairly regular basis :)

• Like 4

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...