IGNORED

The Games That Weren't Book (featuring Deathwatch)

JaggingUK

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been sending Frank some updates of late. 

Latest is Imagitec Design claiming Space Junk would appear on SNES CD and the mask scenes in full colour, unlike monochrome for the Sega CD version. 

They claimed this when all that was seen of it were PC development screens... 

Yep, that's Imagitec Design for you. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 4:52 AM, Lostdragon said:

Didn't a game like Drop-Soldier come out for the PC? Seems to me I remember playing something similar but it was based on a book like Starship Troopers or a tabletop/board wargame. Cannot remember the name of the game! I've got it somewhere in my vast library, finding it is another issue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vrocko said:

Didn't a game like Drop-Soldier come out for the PC? Seems to me I remember playing something similar but it was based on a book like Starship Troopers or a tabletop/board wargame. Cannot remember the name of the game! I've got it somewhere in my vast library, finding it is another issue. 

Would love to see it, if you find anything, sounds like my type of game. 

2 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

Would love to see it, if you find anything, sounds like my type of game. 

Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri made by Looking Glass Games back in '96. Google is a wonderful thing. DOS game that I'm sure I still have at home somewhere. Probably can find it on an abandonware site I'm sure. Below is a link to it at MobyGames. 

Terra Nova apparently started out as an adaptation of Robert A. Heinlein's classic sci-fi novel, Starship Troopers. However, Looking Glass were unable to get the license, so came up with their own story and intricate universe, instead. The year after Terra Nova's release, Paul Verhoeven's film version of Starship Troopers hit the cinemas. <=== Huh, it was supposed to be Starship Troopers. 

Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri for DOS (1996) - MobyGames

Edited by vrocko
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, vrocko said:

Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri made by Looking Glass Games back in '96. Google is a wonderful thing. DOS game that I'm sure I still have at home somewhere. Probably can find it on an abandonware site I'm sure. Below is a link to it at MobyGames. 

Terra Nova apparently started out as an adaptation of Robert A. Heinlein's classic sci-fi novel, Starship Troopers. However, Looking Glass were unable to get the license, so came up with their own story and intricate universe, instead. The year after Terra Nova's release, Paul Verhoeven's film version of Starship Troopers hit the cinemas. <=== Huh, it was supposed to be Starship Troopers. 

Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri for DOS (1996) - MobyGames

Sooo in need of a remake ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...