IGNORED

Felt like posting a random Pokey tune. might delete.

sack-c0s

It's been a while (it turns out releasing a game for modern platforms is actually hard work), but I finally have time to catch my breath, go on holiday, and go back to playing with 8/16-bit stuff.

The bassline may or may not be accurate for C64 fans - that depends on if you listened to the original on a 6581 or 8580. It's closer to the way it sounds on my 8580 and personally I prefer it that way, but YMMV.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sack-c0s said:

It's been a while (it turns out releasing a game for modern platforms is actually hard work), but I finally have time to catch my breath, go on holiday, and go back to playing with 8/16-bit stuff.

The bassline may or may not be accurate for C64 fans - that depends on if you listened to the original on a 6581 or 8580. It's closer to the way it sounds on my 8580 and personally I prefer it that way, but YMMV.

do I need to get the notes from the video , or is it possible to get an RMT?

1 hour ago, ivop said:

Like with your own youtube only posts, deal with it ;)

It's not the first time ;) 

Actually this tune is musically sack-c0s high quality.  It's only one of the patterns is playing too loud in relation to the rest of the tune. 

I also miss the whirly slides inbetween. The original tune has a lot FX included.  

for now I feel of the humble impression that POKEY already does a better job than SID in this tune by the expression of  the differnce between calm and restless. The contrast is breathtaking at least to me. I wonder who would share this opinion. 

And, yes I'd like to have more control over that. But programming at 50Hz is really giving almost no space ....

On 8/22/2020 at 10:55 PM, emkay said:

Hm... I wonder what is going on with sack-c0s. 

He's posting the video after long time not writing here, and disappeared the same way. 

Everything ok?

Everything is fine. The short version is:

*Just released a game in my dayjob, and everything was crazy busy getting things working, and then along come a few thousand players who find new ways to break stuff, so more work to fix things.
*I Posted this as a bit of a break, literally just before leaving for the airport because I had some free time.

*Then I went on a long overdue holiday (Which wasn't cancelled this time), which is where I am now.

Also trying to buy a house, so that's also chaos. Once things calm down some more normal service will be resumed :)

• Like 3

On 8/15/2020 at 8:45 PM, emkay said:

It's not the first time ;) 

Actually this tune is musically sack-c0s high quality.  It's only one of the patterns is playing too loud in relation to the rest of the tune. 

I also miss the whirly slides inbetween. The original tune has a lot FX included.  

Don't know why I didn't notice it before, but now I see which part you mean. I just lowered the volume on that part and it does sound better as a result.

The slides and effects are taking a bit of experimentation so I'm still working on those