IGNORED

"Dragonfly" my version of the Atari 7800 SD cartridge

rj1307

I'm selling my Dragonfly if anyone is interested.

Burgundy (red), Pokey Max, YM2151 module, and 5.5/2.1 plug cable.

I'm in the UK but will post to Europe or the US on the understanding that all shipping fees will be paid by the buyer, and I won't be responsible for any customs fees / taxes that may be levied.

PM me if interested.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry for a long absence, but the last months were not too kind to me :(

For today, Pokeymax modules are not available. 

To produce dragonfly there are shortage displays, but probably I could adjust another model. Unfortunately, the prices of electronic parts that I use increased by 30-60%, so the price of a cartridge would be more half. :( 

As long as the situation with parts does not improve, I do not see the meaning of further production

• Sad 8

1 hour ago, rj1307 said:

I'm sorry for a long absence, but the last months were not too kind to me :(

I'm sorry to hear of this, Rafal. Unfortunately it's too common a story. :(

Take care of yourself first, think about hobby stuff second. Wishing you a better turn of luck in this new year.

• Like 9

Thanks for the nice words, as you write - may this year be better.  :)

The end of the year was bad, in October there was a car accident, in November an accident with a circular saw (three toes were injured, they had to be fastened with knitting needles), in December my daughter was seriously poisoned with carbon monoxide.
I am on sick leave until the end of January. 

Edited by rj1307
  • Like 1
  • Sad 15

Just now, rj1307 said:

Thanks for the nice words, as you write - may this year be better. :)

The end of the year was bad, in October there was a car accident, in November an accident with a circular saw (three toes were injured, they had to be fastened with knitting needles), in December my daughter was seriously poisoned with carbon monoxide. :( 

Just saw this. Sorry to hear. Hope you are healing well quickly. Also hope your daughter is better.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, rj1307 said:

The end of the year was bad, in October there was a car accident, in November an accident with a circular saw (three toes were injured, they had to be fastened with knitting needles), in December my daughter was seriously poisoned with carbon monoxide.

Wishing you a healthy and much better 2022 Rafal. Hope you and your family are on the mend.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, rj1307 said:

Sorry to hear about all the difficult things you and family have gone through. I hope 2022 is nothing but great things for you!

I use your DragonFly cart on the ZPH show all the time and it's nothing short of amazing and plays everything I've thrown at it. Thank you so much for making this incredible piece of hardware, I don't know what I'd do without it! I hope you're able to continue to create them in the future for more people when things get better. Even if it costs 60% more it's still worth it for everything it's able to achieve on the 7800 and do for the homebrew community!

- James

• Like 10

On 1/2/2022 at 3:51 PM, rj1307 said:

Just came across reading this today, how awful, that is a very rough stretch :(

Please take care.. hoping you have a much happier and fortunate year.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2022 at 4:47 PM, Karl G said:

On the Dragonfly preorder topic, a few people tried to pre-order after they were no longer available. Tagging them now to make sure they see this offer:

@Wessyman

@juanluma01

@adamchevy

@Hydro Thunder

@SiLic0ne t0aD

@Davetron

@Karl G This is one of the coolest things I've seen someone do in these forums in sometime! Thank you for thinking of those as they very well might have missed this otherwise. I do hope some of them are able to respond to RJ and get one for use. My DF cart is pretty much always attached to my 7800 these days since it plays everything I've thrown at it without issue for me!

• Like 10

• 3 months later...

Wow. I was today years old when I learned that you don't need two power supplies. For the past year and a half I've been using the 7800's normal power supply PLUS the third-party power supply I bought going to the power input of the Dragonfly!

And that detail was in front of me all this time.

Really, I'm seriously thinking of getting tested for dyslexia.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dauber said:

Wow. I was today years old when I learned that you don't need two power supplies. For the past year and a half I've been using the 7800's normal power supply PLUS the third-party power supply I bought going to the power input of the Dragonfly!

And that detail was in front of me all this time.

Really, I'm seriously thinking of getting tested for dyslexia.

So what did you do with the power cable coming out of the Dragonfly during that time?

11 minutes ago, Hastor said:

So what did you do with the power cable coming out of the Dragonfly during that time?

NOTHING. I had my 9-volt adapter going into the Dragonfly. Then the 7800 power supply going into the console. That's it. No other power cabling.

6 minutes ago, Dauber said:

NOTHING. I had my 9-volt adapter going into the Dragonfly. Then the 7800 power supply going into the console. That's it. No other power cabling.

Did you wonder what that cable hanging out of it was for? lol just laughing with you, I do weird stuff sometimes too. As mentioned in this thread, some voltage regulators may not handle the extra voltage from the DF well in which case you'd wanna do what you are doing. That hasn't been a big problem though, but especially some that have been replaced were on the line of handling this well from what I understand.

• Like 1

There was no other cable hanging out. Don't know about yours, but it's removable on mine. I got confused and thought that it was the cable for 7800s with the modded power thingy -- I was wondering why I got that because I thought that was an optional extra. :)

Just now, Dauber said:

There was no other cable hanging out. Don't know about yours, but it's removable on mine. I got confused and thought that it was the cable for 7800s with the modded power thingy -- I was wondering why I got that because I thought that was an optional extra. :)

Ah, makes sense. I guess I forgot it was removable since I never take mine out. It is nice how it turns off your 7800 for you when you pick a game. Though mine wasn't cutting power long enough until they added the option to set how many ms the delay is. Once I bumped that up after the update, it was working as intended!