IGNORED

Atari 7800 value packs

Giles N

1 hour ago, Frank.Bullitt said:

All my other 7800 games are complete in box. I'm waiting for a listing on Ebay for Midnight Mutants with at least the manual included, then I could probably make do with one of the reprint boxes sold on Ebay ?

Ok - what I hear is; you’re a collector...

For my own part,

I’m usually satisfied

with a working cartridge,

the rest can be mended.

reprint boxes can do the trick...

Edited by Giles N

On 8/17/2020 at 12:25 PM, Shawn said:

Pacman Collection is great but I still have my original copy from Bob when it was just Pacman as a standalone. That was a few years before the collection became a thing. That Pacman cart and conversations around the development of it was the begining of my friendship with Bob so it means more than just playing Pacman on the 7800 to me. Commando is awesome. Ikari and Commando are interchangeable to me in this instance. Food Fight isn't a game I like, sorry. 

I value your input...!

... Your entire atari—input...

But I do think, personally, Food Fight is pretty cool, even if not absolutely best... (number 1) 

As to PacMan: cool to hear about your friendship with Bob, and early days of Pac-developement (could become a new thread or YouTube thing).

14 hours ago, Frank.Bullitt said:

Oooh I want it so much ? But I'm officially skint until I get my salary this month LOL.

Waiting for salary may be necessary. 

It’s a cool adventure-action game, even though long and quite tough as there are no saving options.

Impressive boss-fights and memorable locations.

I’d advice using YouTube vids to get to know where the heck to go next...

But well-made as to grfx, sound, lastability and overall playability...

9 hours ago, Giles N said:

Waiting for salary may be necessary. 

It’s a cool adventure-action game, even though long and quite tough as there are no saving options.

Impressive boss-fights and memorable locations.

But well-made as to grfx, sound, lastability and overall playability...

Yeah I think having the manual will definitely come in handy.

I find it interesting how in a lot of older games, the story is written in the manual rather than being explained in the actual game itself, so I feel like I'm missing something if I don't have it lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Giles N said:

2 hours ago, Frank.Bullitt said:

Yeah I think having the manual will definitely come in handy.

I find it interesting how in a lot of older games, the story is written in the manual rather than being explained in the actual game itself, so I feel like I'm missing something if I don't have it lol.

The below is very helpful as well...

?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A case could be made for Pole Position II.  I know it is the pack-in, but it is a fun interpretation of the original.  Isn't it also the only racing game on the system?  Maybe Fatal Run being the other, but I thought that was only released in some regions. 

I think I'd probably do these four from the original library:

Food Fight

Pole Position 2

Commando

Ms. PacMan

2 hours ago, wongojack said:

A case could be made for Pole Position II.  I know it is the pack-in, but it is a fun interpretation of the original.  Isn't it also the only racing game on the system?  Maybe Fatal Run being the other, but I thought that was only released in some regions.

:ponder:

;)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on whether you were adding only originals or only homebrews. 

For the originals, I'd go with the hard-to-find exclusives, maybe Ninja Golf, Midnight Mutants, Fatal Run and Basketbrawl (of course, you may want to substitute one of these for Food Fight, as it is a fun exclusive)

For Homebrews, I'd say Pac-Man Collection, Bentley Bear, Rikki & Vikki and Beef Drop (although my favorite is Dungeon Stalker, and a case could be made for Super Circus Atari)

Just sticking with 4 is hard

Edited by FroggoGamer
realized I missed a good one