IGNORED

Possible Train game port - keypad controls questions

baktra

On 12/24/2020 at 11:52 PM, baktra said:

My little contribution to the CC65 compiler system was accepted. Now the 5200 developers can benefit from _atari5200os.h header file.

Awesome - I was considering an attempt to do a 5200 version of one of my own 8-bit projects... (Although that is ca65, but I still appreciate you doing one for cc65!)

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Aking said:

where is the archive ?

It will be available very soon as the note in the Downloads section suggests.

By the way, the game booklet uses the A6 page size (a quarter of A4). What would be the closest equivalent paper size (shall we say one quarter of 'letter') in USA?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 4/7/2021 at 10:14 AM, baktra said:

It is time to share the source code. Download source archive from the game home page.

The source code uses conditional compilation and conditional assembly to create three engines from one source.

http://baha.webowna.cz/2020/12/26/train-123-for-atari-5200/

All I get is a error 404 message

6 minutes ago, BIGHMW said:

Please use the following link:

https://baktra.wz.cz/baha-software/train-for-atari-5200/

I've migrated to a small paid hosting. The previous one was a decent free hosting, however the data was completely destroyed by a ransomware attack.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, baktra said:

I've migrated to a small paid hosting. The previous one was a decent free hosting, however the data was completely destroyed by a ransomware attack.

Thanks! I was not only inquiring for myself but also for a newbie to both AA and the 5200 scene, his name is @butfluffy, so on behalf of both of us, thanks again! :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 12:33 PM, baktra said:

I just played the Train game on my 5200.  I thought it was another version from the 8bit.  I've never tried this one. It reminds me of Snafu on Intellivision but with trains.  I thought the controllers worked well.  I had to wait for it to start because it didn't start when I press the start button. 

Everything else works great!

Thanks so much for your work and adding the Train game to the 5200 library. 

19 hours ago, phuzaxeman said:

I just played the Train game on my 5200.  I thought it was another version from the 8bit.  I've never tried this one. It reminds me of Snafu on Intellivision but with trains.  I thought the controllers worked well.  I had to wait for it to start because it didn't start when I press the start button. 

Everything else works great!

Thanks so much for your work and adding the Train game to the 5200 library. 

Thank you for playing. I actually originally released the game for the 8-bit computer line. I decided to port it to 5200 later. I had to make some compromises, i.e. remove the in-game music, but it still plays well. I am planning one more update - configurable joystick dead zone.

Edited by baktra
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, baktra said:

Thank you for playing. I actually originally released the game for the 8-bit computer line. I decided to port it to 5200 later. I had to make some compromises, i.e. remove the in-game music, but it still plays well. I am planning one more update - configurable joystick dead zone.

Yeah, it's a fun game. I'm actually good at using the 5200 sticks and was able to play decent but a dead zone would be perfect. Thanks again for your work!