IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 6 - Worm Whomper / Utopia Bonus

6 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Sorry mr_me, but those are unreadable unless you click on each individual page and image.  This manual should be easier to read:

http://www.pixelatedarcade.com/pictures/package-contents/1678/Utopia-Intellivision-Instruction-Manual.pdf

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Intelligentleman said:

How does the bonus game work? I'm not sure I understand...

You'll choose 30 rounds, at 45 seconds each at the start screen, then choose either island to build on.  Have you played Utopia before?  If not, no problem, you can PM me too and I can help you if need be.

2 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

How does the bonus game work? I'm not sure I understand...

It may be that I’m also mis-understanding. But I think Utopia is just being added as a second contest during the 15 day Worm Whomper challenge. I don’t think the scores or rankings are being added together or anything like that. It’s two independent games during that time interval.

14 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

It may be that I’m also mis-understanding. But I think Utopia is just being added as a second contest during the 15 day Worm Whomper challenge. I don’t think the scores or rankings are being added together or anything like that. It’s two independent games during that time interval.

Yes Word Whomper is a separate game on it's own, but the Utopia game is part of a bonus game that is also scored on it's own. So 2 games, scored separately making up the Week 6 game... I assume you have both carts? Lol is there any cart you don't have? ?

Edited by Rickster8
Wording

33 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Its actually 2 games in one game round, for the rest of August.

Any bonuses earns legit round points... and will be included in the rankings total. However, you can earn much more for playing well in Worm, as 1st place gets +15 potentially if you hit patch bonus and if set a record makes it +17!

Any Worm Whomper score 75ks or more gets +2 as a final bonus.

Utopias 1st place gets +7, and +1 on any completed score out of top 6, ... so its worth trying out.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Rickster8 said:

Yes Word Whomper is a separate game on it's own, but the Utopia ...  I assume you have both carts? Lol is there any cart you don't have? ?

Luckily I have both carts LOL :). I played Utopia back in the day ... and as luck would have it, I started collecting intellivision games before the prices got crazy. I picked up many rare games - of course not all of them ... but I did get Pac Man and Worm Whomper. I never played Pac Man. I never felt the need to play it (until now :) ) ... But I did have a go or two at Worm Whomper. If it came out in 1982 it would have been a gem classic, same as Thunder Castle. I honestly don't like most of the later/rare games but WW and TC are exceptions. I don't understand the buzz about Diner. Many people love it.  I think it's horrible... it's like an Atari game ... but to each his own I guess.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Luckily I have both carts LOL :). I played Utopia back in the day ... and as luck would have it, I started collecting intellivision games before the prices got crazy. I picked up many rare games - of course not all of them ... but I did get Pac Man and Worm Whomper. I never played Pac Man. I never felt the need to play it (until now :) ) ... But I did have a go or two at Worm Whomper. If it came out in 1982 it would have been a gem classic, same as Thunder Castle. I honestly don't like most of the later/rare games but WW and TC are exceptions. I don't understand the buzz about Diner. Many people love it.  I think it's horrible... it's like an Atari game ... but to each his own I guess.   

Thunder Castle is amazing.  What a great game that pushes the system to it's limits in terms of graphics and sound!  But you know what's even better?  The homebrew hack Mystic Castle!!  It speeds up your knight and makes it even more enjoyable as you can kill more things and play longer.  I have it and it is actually one of my all time favorite games.  It is incredible and I highly recommend getting it!

http://www.intellivision.us/intvgames/orderroms.php

That’s soooo cool! I wasn’t very hopeful trying Thunder.... but wow, I instantly became very addicted. You’re right. The graphics, the music ... all the screen levels .... one of the best games in the whole collection.

I will check out the revised edition :) 

Ironically while we were playing Night Stalker a few weeks ago, I kept getting flashbacks of Thunder Castle :) I never realized they have a similar feel to them. Love them both !!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INTELLIVISION SPARTAN said:

Worm Whomper was done by the same guy that did Dreadnaught Factor, AD&D, Tarmin, and Sub Hunt.  Thunder Castle was done under Mattel and I agree about Diner.  Of the cartridges by INTV Corp; Spiker, SMB, Body Slam, Commando, Mountain Madness aren't bad.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Worm Whomper was done by the same guy that did Dreadnaught Factor, AD&D, Tarmin, and Sub Hunt.  Thunder Castle was done under Mattel and I agree about Diner.  Of the cartridges by INTV Corp; Spiker, SMB, Body Slam, Commando, Mountain Madness aren't bad.

Tom Loughry was an awesome game designer.  Those first 5 games you mentioned are some of the best games for the system.  He was very talented!

40 minutes ago, mr_me said:

That’s a great lineup! Anyone who did AD&D (which was a 10/10 in it’s day) is in my good books !!! :) 

One INTV that I feel is overlooked is “Super Decathlon” AND Super Basketball”. I really loved the original basketball .... but the Super Basketball.... HOLY COW  !!!! Talk about value for your dollar !!! Of all the revised sports games, the Basketball takes the cake! 

• Like 1

Looks like we have another Activision winner on our hands! I just wish the sfx were lower so I could hear the music throughout. I like that it's unlike most shooters in that you can touch the bugs and you won't die. Grabbing a new sprayer from the farm would've been real helpful in Nightstalker amiright? And with the way this one scores, I'm betting we'll see some crazy highs this round.

45,990 Round 12

212361617_WormWhomper2020-08-1718_46_14.thumb.png.d0d12e13a45aeb88f205cd66dfdb63be.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Looks like we have another Activision winner on our hands! I just wish the sfx were lower so I could hear the music throughout. I like that it's unlike most shooters in that you can touch the bugs and you won't die. Grabbing a new sprayer from the farm would've been real helpful in Nightstalker amiright? And with the way this one scores, I'm betting we'll see some crazy highs this round.

Agreed, it's such a fun and addicting game!  I prefer this type of game over Night Stalker to be honest.  Much faster and more fun to play.

• Like 1